Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 600 Voyageur is killing the PTO-side spark plug on startup. I've tested the plug each time it happens and zero spark. If I replace it - boom, runs great all day. Start it up the next morning and it's running on one cylinder again.

Any ideas what could be causing this odd behavior?

Sled only has 2,300 miles on it. Compression is good, fuel delivery is good. Makes great power alll day. No complaints from the computer. Just a dead PTO-side plug on startup after sitting overnight.

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Fowled plug fuel soaked? Could be injector bleeding down line pressure overnight on that cylinder. My Indy last yr was flooded when I went to start it the next day. I pulled the injectors to have them cleaned but I first pressurized the system and watched for any leak down. There wasn't any so I put it all back together and worked fine since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to a shop and had them check it out. They cleaned the injectors and did some adjustments, so we'll see tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. Put in a set of iridium plugs after getting it back and all has been well for the last 200 miles or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts