Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my sled to the car wash and gave it a good wash. When I got home it started up fine and I was able to get it off my truck. It didn't start the next day so I waited for it to dry out for a few days. It's been around 40F degrees. A few days later I got it started by putting pressure on the key, but now it won't start again. Should I let it dry out and wait a few more days?

·
Registered
17 xcr 800 2/xcr800 2000
1,391 Posts
sorry for your problem ,i think your never gonna do that again , do u have a heated garage available? might have to get it in one and have fans on it for a few days may take days to thaw out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA, never again. Definitely learned the hard way on this one. I don't have a heated garage and currently the sled is outside in my yard.

·
Registered
17 xcr 800 2/xcr800 2000
1,391 Posts
gonna have to bum a favor there and get it into a heated place dont keep messing with it till u can the harder u try till u do that will jus make things worse , been there

·
Banned
235 Posts
I'm not a SkiDoo guy, but I'm curious. Is it the DESS that's causing issues, or is it more than that? If it's strictly the DESS, would a hair dryer help at all? Again - just curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not exactly sure. It might be the DESS or some other electrical issue. I'm going to let it thaw out for a few more day and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I would check all connections and see if any are corroded, next I would pull fuses and do the same
I would also clean /spray connections with electrical cleaner
it will help speed up the drying process!

and as stated before, some relays are NOT water proof
so, you might want to buy some new one's and replace them

I would also make sure the spark plug caps are on and tights

the problem when washing sleds with a pressure washer is it can fi\force water into places it shouldn;t be and as such, when you park sled back outside in COLD temps, below freezing, water expands and can push apart connections, seals and so on!(also very hard on bearings)

so just placing things ina heated garage to DRY out might NOT solve your problems if its connections coming apart, or corrosion on them or wet relays?

you need to go over connections, fuses and relays!
I'd also clean connections and add some dialectical grease to things as well
this is a 6 yr old machine, so odds are many connections have seen better days before you washed, and now might need that TLC y they deserve!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
YES , the OP< should tell us if it is a 600 or 800< I suggested adding better details before but??
some times OP's take for granted we know things they don't share with us? when we don't

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
HA, never again. Definitely learned the hard way on this one.

Funny thing, at one of the local dealers there's always that new guy that think its a good idea to wash the sleds then park them outside in say -10F. o_O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts