Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Cylinders are in nice shape, pto side has 1 vertical score that I'm not awful worried about. Matter of fact these cylinders are better to run now than when they came out of the factory. Mirror smooth.
Exactly. Thats awesome. The honing tecnique I used made it so those high ridges are already knocked down from a normal hone process. Makes the rings last longer. I have to remember my engine isnt factory.

Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2011 Rush Pro R 800
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm doing the labor myself so that cuts costs insanely. It took me 2 hours to remove the motor from the sled and it's the first time I've done it. It's all disassembled on the bench as we speak, came apart without a hitch. 400 bucks for the mcb forged wosseners and full gasket set and then a rebuilt crank that the company gave me 250 bucks off of for mine brought it down to 400. If you think you need to spend a ton of money you're the type the dealer likes. Bottomless wallet boy
Lol if you think you got a quality crank rebuild for that price. Keep us updated on how long it lasts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol if you think you got a quality crank rebuild for that price. Keep us updated on how long it lasts
Dude if you think polaris doesn't use Chinese bearings on the factory cranks I have a ton of shit I'd love to sell you at below market price. And it lasted 7k miles. The crank I bought is built with quality c4 clearance bearings and billet rods. I've used them before in a liberty 800 in my 05 switchback. Keep thinking price actually equals quality my dude

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
if you want your 800 two stroke to last? put 5-6 oz.s of oil to every tank. i have 2 customers from M.E. that have the same sled. 2012 800 pro-r sb's. one has 13,500 and the other 15,000 never been opened up. they have done this from day one. they use red line race oil. most impressive mileage i have seen. and i work on 150 plus sleds a year. we do this to our sleds now. and yes the problem is heat below the piston's. the injector sprays fuel right at the rear boost port. some of this fuel oil hits the intake piston skirt. this is where the piston collapse's. then it just a matter of time before the ring catches the ex, port or the intake piston or cylinder breaks off and falls into the crank case. in either case your looking at $3000 plus repair. in every case where people did this the motors had stupid miles with out issue. the other thing where i think it's even a bigger deal, is injectors and fuel pumps. injectors have plane hardened steel internals and fuel is dry a solvent. oil helps lube the pump. no injector cleaning or fuel pump replacement in any of these sleds either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rick I was running marvel mystery oil in the gas for a cylinder lubricant. What do you think about that stuff?

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
i think any oil is better then none. but that stuff is really thin. RED- LINE race oil, while yes it's expensive it has a lot more wear additives then most two stroke oil. reason why every top motor builder use's it and some won't warranty them with out using it. not all oil is the same. in the grand scheme of things the $80 per gallon cost broken down to 5-6 oz. per tank is far better then a catastrophic motor repair @ $3000 plus.

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
and no i don't get paid by RED-LINE at least not yet. i'am a dealer for them and swear by there products. every Harley Davidson owner would be very smart to replace there transmission oil with it. huge difference in how the bike shifts and finding neutral is way better. there is a difference in oil. VW and LEXUS i believe won't warranty there transmissions if this isn't used.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Amazon says redline is made in china? Is that true or is it a knock off redline on there or just a mis-print? I thought it was made in California

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
Amazon says redline is made in china? Is that true or is it a knock off redline on there or just a mis-print? I thought it was made in California
fuck AMAZON i buy nothing from them or E-BAY. RED-LINE is made in CALIFORNA. the real RED-LINE. who know's what that shit is they sell?

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
Rick, would you run the Redline snowmobile oil in a new 600R etec trail sled? I'm not referring to the $12/pint racing oil but the actual snowmobile branded oil.
we ran Lucas oil in a 800 e-tec. doo dealer told the owner it wouldn't last a week. this is a high tec motor? yeah o.k. the motor is no different then the old carb motors from doo,doo it's the fuel injection that's high tec. but it's not the space shuttle. anyway the sled had 6000 trouble free miles when it was sold. yes i would run red-line in a e-tec.

·
Registered
2011 Rush Pro R 800
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So just an update he decided to pass on the sled. It had no maintenance records and with that many miles we both would have liked to see that it was taken care of. I think he is just going to wait and find a lower mileage axys or pro ride. He may pay more but he doesnt work on his own sleds so it would be worth it in the long run.

Reactions: MuscleD
21 - 32 of 32 Posts