Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Switchback 600 Pro S
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for comments and input on the thread - appreciate it! I followed your threads and went back and forth on which track to get...think this 1.5 Storm track will be a good fit for me and my riding style. In regards to the bushings and bearings question - the chain case bearing seemed good but since I had done a lot of work and labor I replaced it. I read a lot about the bearing behind the secondary and it felt a slight bit "heavy/gritty" with turning...wasn't as comfortable with taking off the seal cover and repacking although may in the future so I had the time to read up on removal of the bearing and opted to replace. Same with the bearing on the driveshaft - opted to replace but just a little bit gritty with turning. All of the bogey wheel bearings except 2 were in sad shape - some with seals lost and dirt packed into bearing - all replaced. The bushings - had Hygear replace all suspension bushings at time of service, all of the plastic oem bushings attaching the front skid to tunnel and rear skid to rails were ground to near dust - came apart with removal / some slop in the system which I opted to remove with Kent's aftermarket bushings. The bushings for the beaver tail attachment points were actually still good - did not replace. At the kind suggestion of Mag6240 I just removed the A arms/control arms and the plastic bushings were dried out and brittle with wear on the flange - a lot of movement. Mag6240 pointed me to this website for brass replacement bushings AXYS A ARM BUSHING KIT | indyspecialty which arrived yesterday. I will post pics of that install in the thread. Hope that is helpful - please let me know if you have other questions or if people want other pics posted.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Switchback 600 Pro S
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here are the brass bushings from indyspecialty.com

Installed on the A arms - replacing the OEM bushings which were worn as discussed earlier.

Unexpectedly I ran into a situation on the left side of the sled. I had a bit of a rough late season ride to close things out - have been focused on a lot of different aspects to the sled and failed to notice that my left sway bar bracket was broken:

Initially thought it was isolated but on inspection the lower A arm had a ding in the underside with a slight bend noticeable if looking down it longitudinally. Then - when I went to replace back lower pin into the new bushing it wouldn't fit - it had a slight bend as well. So, I am not taking any chances with my steering - ordered a new left lower A arm and components and will be replacing entire unit.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts