Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looked at mine today. Don't see any big problems. Certainly not rubbing the air box. Mine is a 16. And the lines are more directly zipped to the aluminum post than in the above pics.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
mine was zip tied tight to the aluminum post and the lines did have wear on them, granted the wear is a broad not pin point area i could see it wearing through if you had double the miles.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
thank you for posting I’m going to check on mine when I take out for preseason maintenance. Not looking too forward to having to trailer up to the dealer for this.

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
If you have a problem, caused by a fuel hose, that was NOT inspected and certified by a Polaris dealer, you will be on your own as far as warranty and product liability,

The U.S.A. and Canada both monitor this, and require thorough notification of customers, and reasonable repairs, if the problem exists.

If you have not notified Polaris that you are now the owner of a second-hand snowmobile, you are considered responsible.

Reactions: rockin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine and a friends sled just got this completed
my 2016 Switchback Pro-s 800 did not need the service
my friends 2015 Rush Pro-s 800 did need the service
the woman in the service dept, where we got this completed, said that most sleds she's seeing, do not need the service

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,286 Posts
Just got my '17 & '18 looked at today. Both were good.
Service tech said 90% of the ones they looked at were good.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
this all bothers me a little. My buddies 15 had the issue with almost 6000 miles - repaired. My 16 did not have the issue, with 3600 miles. So will my sled develop the problem with more miles???

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
this all bothers me a little. My buddies 15 had the issue with almost 6000 miles - repaired. My 16 did not have the issue, with 3600 miles. So will my sled develop the problem with more miles???
No, it is an issue with how the fuel line is secured not with the fuel line itself. Believe me if it was a fuel line issue we would all be get new fuel lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
17 SB Pro S

Mine looks good. Secured to the frame up higher with a zip tie and stays well away from the airbox all the way down

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
17 SB Pro S

Mine looks good. Secured to the frame up higher with a zip tie and stays well away from the airbox all the way down View attachment 2109342

they will never hit the airbox even if unsecured. the problem on mine that i found myself was that the fuel lines rub against the frame where its zip tied. mine had wear on them see the previous post. if it is tight against the frame the movements of the sled and vibration can cause wear. i checked mine myself for my own piece of mind. pretty easy to get at. stock silencer has a couple hard springs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I took my 17 Rush in yesterday. They said the lines we OK but it looks like they added a 2nd zip tie to the frame, right above the coolant bottle mount.

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Mine needed the fuel line replaced. But, pictures from mine were involved in getting the whole thing started. The problem usually is found in sleds that have had some work done around the engine or chaincase or fuel tank removal, and the hoses were not properly secured afterwards.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Excursion if the fuel lines have to get replaced how big of a job is it? Do they have to drain the tank?

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Excursion if the fuel lines have to get replaced how big of a job is it? Do they have to drain the tank?
No movement or draining of the tank, they do have to get the cowling out of the way. Sled has quick-connects on both ends of the fuel lines, and since the pump is inside the tank, and the lines connect to the top of the tank, there is very little leakage.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts