Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
i don't think this is to wide spread. after reading the recall the fuel lines 2 of them supply and return are held against the overstructure with a wide wire tie. the issue is, this is either not there or too loose? so the lines rub on the air box causing wear and a potential leak? i haven't seen one line rubbing on the air box yet. or any wear on these lines. i would bet it's just a inspection and if found any wear the lines replaced. probably a small percentage of these this happened to?

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 2015 800 Pro S SB burned to the ground at the end of February. It seemed fuel related at the speed that the sled was engulfed in flames. No injuries, unfortunately 1st day of trip in the UP.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
My 2015 800 Pro S SB burned to the ground at the end of February. It seemed fuel related at the speed that the sled was engulfed in flames. No injuries, unfortunately 1st day of trip in the UP.
they wouldn't have a recall if some didn't have a issue? i'am sure there is a problem but like said it's not wide spread. we work on 150-160 sleds per season. most are now in that recall area. haven't seen a issue yet. but we will be really looking for it now. yup you will know if it's fuel related for sure. no way your putting that out with snow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Polaris had an issue with side by sides catching fire. I don't know the years or models, but it was fuel related. I know of someone who got badly injured because of this. My guess is that Polaris isn't taking any chances. Sorry to hear about your sled Pro (S)ter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
they wouldn't have a recall if some didn't have a issue? i'am sure there is a problem but like said it's not wide spread. we work on 150-160 sleds per season. most are now in that recall area. haven't seen a issue yet. but we will be really looking for it now. yup you will know if it's fuel related for sure. no way your putting that out with snow.
When i had my engine out i could see where the fuel line was rubbing. I think it was right after the air box. Mine is a 2015.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
When i had my engine out i could see where the fuel line was rubbing. I think it was right after the air box. Mine is a 2015.
yup that's the issue. should be a wide rather large wire tie holding both lines to the over structure right by the fuel tank where the pump is? it's either missing or loose?

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
What needs to be removed to check the area where these fuel lines are located?
the console that covers the fuel pump. have to remove the plastic nut under the gas cap. a couple of tuff loc rivets and you can see the lines the wire tie and if it's rubbing on the air box.

·
Registered
2016 Switchback Pro-S 800
165 Posts
the console that covers the fuel pump. have to remove the plastic nut under the gas cap. a couple of tuff loc rivets and you can see the lines the wire tie and if it's rubbing on the air box.
And of course, both of our sleds fuel tanks are full to the brim! Maybe can be done without emptying?

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
I wouldn't bother a dealership with it this time of the year, unless you know the dealer is looking for something to do. Most shops are busy with wheelers, cycles, mowers, watercraft, etc. and don't want to be dicking around with snowmobile work (let alone, snowmobile warranty work) this time of the year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just want to get it in and get it done, rather than waiting until fall. They get paid for warranty work.

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
I just want to get it in and get it done, rather than waiting until fall. They get paid for warranty work.
My response was kinda prick'ish ... sorry, didn't mean for it to come across that way. I get wanting to get it done (and don't blame you). Where I was coming from on my earlier reply was, dealerships aren't overly interested in doing this (if they're busy with other seasonal work) because warranty work really doesn't pay until the mechanic gets the process down to a routine and can make it work in the amount of time Polaris specifies. For example, Polaris might say this is a 15 minute job and that's what they pay the shop. But the first couple of times the mechanic has to work their way through the process and it may not go as smoothly as expected ... so it might take 45 minutes. Each time they do it, they get better & more efficient and ultimately meet that 15 minutes "standard" set by Polaris.

Doesn't change the fact you have the right to take it in & get it fixed now vs. later in the Fall. But people need to be aware it might not be a situation of dropping it off today and picking it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
all good Bontz. Being in Illinois, I don't know if they're even open. No one answered when I called yesterday. I get you what you mean. They'll get better at it, as they do more. I wasn't expecting it back quickly. I'd rather it be there for a few weeks now, than the fall, when I should be getting it ready for the season.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts