Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get this sounds like a problem with the routing of fuel line...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it hilarious that Polaris just so happens to find out about this now and issues a DO NOT OPERATE YOUR SNOWMOBILE mass recall 1 day prior to when most sled seasons are over officially over April 15th...

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
The timing is certainly interesting, but at the same time it's good to see zero accidents have happened & they're addressing it now. I think the UTV issues with the fire hazards have opened their eyes a bit in being proactive now vs. reactive.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Got my notice today on my '17.
Glad to get it taken care of.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’ll be interesting to see what they’re fix is. I doubt it’ll be a Send in the mail DIY too much liability with a fuel system

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
I've had hundreds of these sleds apart. motor's out fuel tank removed etc. i haven't seen any worn fuel lines from the tank to the injector rail? no chaffing etc.? the only thing is i always wondered about the fuel lines are just pushed onto the fitting's no clamp's at all? maybe these have come apart? or leaked here?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
my wife got my notice wtf is that all about she called to up my life insurance mine is already at dealer with new motor installed guess it will set there a little longer

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Could someone do me a huge and scan the notice onto here. I bought my Anniversary 15 800 SB used and very doubtful I will be getting notice.

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
Could someone do me a huge and scan the notice onto here. I bought my Anniversary 15 800 SB used and very doubtful I will be getting notice.
PM me your e-mail address and I can forward it to you if you want. Otherwise, this is the text of the email:

Dear Polaris Owner,

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a snowmobile affected by Stop Ride S‑20‑01, which was announced on April 14, 2020.

Polaris has determined the fuel supply hose between the fuel pump and fuel rail assembly on some model year 2015-2020 600cc and 800cc AXYS trail performance and crossover snowmobiles may have been improperly secured during the manufacturing process. An improperly secured fuel supply hose may contact the air box assembly during vehicle operation. Prolonged contact of the hose with the air box may cause a fuel leak, which may result in a fire.

Polaris is currently evaluating a comprehensive action plan to correct this concern. Polaris anticipates having a corrective action plan in place within 20 days.

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR SNOWMOBILE.

Visit our Safety Recall page to verify if your vehicle is impacted by the recall. Please contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment, or to complete a transfer of ownership if you no longer own the vehicle. Your local dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page.

Due to many state and federal guidelines implemented due to COVID-19, some dealers have made changes to hours of operation or may even be closed. Please visit the Polaris Coronavirus Response page to help answer questions regarding these concerns. Polaris will continue to focus on the health and safety for our customers, dealer personnel, and all Polaris employees. We will continue to respond as the situation evolves. Continue to monitor this page for the latest updates.

While your dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, you can also contact our Polaris Owner Connections Department by calling 1-800-POLARIS (1-800-765-2747) to speak with a representative.

Sincerely,

Polaris Service

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
i got the email last night. many times a recall is an inspection first, then action if an issue is found. in vehicles we find very few that require action, unless it's just change the part type recall. many times they are looking for a small number, but have to look at a bunch to be sure they found them. this may as simple as a peak, and no further action required

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
PM me your e-mail address and I can forward it to you if you want. Otherwise, this is the text of the email:

Dear Polaris Owner,

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a snowmobile affected by Stop Ride S‑20‑01, which was announced on April 14, 2020.

Polaris has determined the fuel supply hose between the fuel pump and fuel rail assembly on some model year 2015-2020 600cc and 800cc AXYS trail performance and crossover snowmobiles may have been improperly secured during the manufacturing process. An improperly secured fuel supply hose may contact the air box assembly during vehicle operation. Prolonged contact of the hose with the air box may cause a fuel leak, which may result in a fire.

Polaris is currently evaluating a comprehensive action plan to correct this concern. Polaris anticipates having a corrective action plan in place within 20 days.

DO NOT OPERATE YOUR SNOWMOBILE.

Visit our Safety Recall page to verify if your vehicle is impacted by the recall. Please contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment, or to complete a transfer of ownership if you no longer own the vehicle. Your local dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page.

Due to many state and federal guidelines implemented due to COVID-19, some dealers have made changes to hours of operation or may even be closed. Please visit the Polaris Coronavirus Response page to help answer questions regarding these concerns. Polaris will continue to focus on the health and safety for our customers, dealer personnel, and all Polaris employees. We will continue to respond as the situation evolves. Continue to monitor this page for the latest updates.

While your dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, you can also contact our Polaris Owner Connections Department by calling 1-800-POLARIS (1-800-765-2747) to speak with a representative.

Sincerely,

Polaris Service
Thanks, that is all that I needed. I went to Polaris site and typed in serial number, all it came back with was s-20-1 "Don't ride, don't sell"! with no details.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts