Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been chasing a stumble in the 7000 rpm range at 2700-3000 rpm for years. Blamed it on the last ecu refresh back in 2015 I had done to resolved the cold start issue, haven't had any of the latest ones fear of all the bad reviews making some sleds worse. Decided to Go through the sled this year, replace bearings and grease what needed grease but in relocating the fuse box and upgrading to sealed relays I checked the ground from the wiring to the chassis up at the top of the belt guard above the primary and it was super corroded. Took everything apart, cleaned and reassembled with dielectric grease. Guess what? Stumble is gone, completely. So if anyone else has it in their 7000 engines better check the ground connection.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks for the pic, you already answered my next question if the ground was attached in front of or behind the chassis support plate. I too will be relocating my fuse box while my sled is apart in the coming days. I copy and pasted an excellent step-by-step guide that one of the members posted a few years back. Any tips you can provide is appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pic, you already answered my next question if the ground was attached in front of or behind the chassis support plate. I too will be relocating my fuse box while my sled is apart in the coming days. I copy and pasted an excellent step-by-step guide that one of the members posted a few years back. Any tips you can provide is appreciated.
Its rather an easy procedure. I didn't have to relocate the strap holding the wire loom as others said to do as it was already turned the correct way, but the hardest part is taking the sled apart. Everything else is fairly straight forward. Fits really nice in this position. Make sure you have something to hold the fuse box cover together, I used a strap with buckle.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I unbolted and relocated the fuse panel on my sled today and I am trying to figure out best way to secure the fuse panel. Did you re-use the metal mounting plate that bolted to coolant tank to secure the fuse panel to the belt shield? Did you drill holes in the belt shield and use rubber spacers with bolts sticking up to align with the 2 existing holes on the plate - see my pic with the 2 existing holes and new holes in red to be drilled out.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I aligned it as you have and marked the holes, drilled them and bolted it to the belt guard. I didn't however put rubber spacers at this time. I feel there's enough movement there without it. I will reassess later to see how it does but I think it's good enough as is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts