Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum? I am looking at this sled to use as a crossover trail/offtrail sled in the NH/Maine region. I have a few questions and statements I would like more info on.

I cannot find the weight anywhere online?
The older Suzuki 800 is supposed to be pretty bullet proof, powerful and reliable?
Offtrail capabilities of this model?
Common issues to look for? I know about the rear wheel issue as I have had a few Yamahas with the Cat chassis

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
I think you should look at the XF series.
It's a good combination of trail and crossover ability.
The last year of the 160HP Suzuki 800 H.O. was 2016, I would look at 2013-2016 XF 8000 High Country's. That engine uses some oil but its a great, great motor with excellent power.
In 13 the ProCross got a few updates as 12 was the first year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a big difference between the Cross Tour and the Cross Country in weight and such? The Cross Tour I'm looking at is a 141"

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a orange 14 Crosstour 800, it is a decent on/off trail sled. I installed a 4 wheel kit when new, along with skid plate, studs and 6 " dooleys . The C clip on the end of the starter broke at the end of 2nd year. I installed the new version starter (PIA), which has a bolt at the end of shaft instead of C clip. But in general this sled has been Bullitt proof. I have 9200 + miles on this sled. I bought a 20 Riot this year, this sled Quicker, but my crosstour is faster on top end. I'm keeping this sled as a spare. Off trail it does well, but you have to know your limitations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts