Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 2013 RR ran the skid in the front mount hole?
I installed this skid into my 14 limited, and found there to be no track adjustment available once the skid is in. My thoughts were to move the front arm up a hole to hopefully give me some slack in the track. Will this effect the geometry of the suspension?
1D3C87DA-58A3-421F-A892-05B2306FEC0D.jpeg

·
Registered
660 Posts
Has anyone with a 2013 RR ran the skid in the front mount hole?
I installed this skid into my 14 limited, and found there to be no track adjustment available once the skid is in. My thoughts were to move the front arm up a hole to hopefully give me some slack in the track. Will this effect the geometry of the suspension?
Are you not able to use the rear axle nut to adjust track tension and alignment, or is it as loose as it will go in the adjustment window?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
IMG_6795.jpg IMG_7319.jpg IMG_7320.jpg
The first image has a J&T 8 in wheel kit specifically for the RR skid with the larger axle.
In the second and third photo I put the factory 7.125 wheels back into the skid. Same problem either set up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What rear axle is that? You should have the axle nuts as shown in the diagram above

1596060605806.png

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a firecat axle. Same dimensions as the factory RR axle and using the factory wheels off the f 800. Instead of a special tool one would just need a socket to adjust the loosen the axle. The skid fits in the factory location. Just quite a tight fit.
The original 129 suspension went in and out like a DREAM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts