Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue just cropped up yesterday afternoon and from I've read it's more than likely the drivers side blend door actuator....anybody had this issue and does that sound like the problem?

·
Registered
532 Posts
This issue just cropped up yesterday afternoon and from I've read it's more than likely the drivers side blend door actuator....anybody had this issue and does that sound like the problem?
I had this happen on a 2010 Silverado I had a while back. Some control module freaked out when I pulled the battery for 24hrs trying to clear an issue without going to the mechanic. I ended up having the dealer fix the issue I was having AND reprogramming the control module. They were going to order me a replacement, but total cost to replace was North of $500. I decided to roll the dice and keep what I had. Sold the truck 3 years later and still hadn't had the issue come back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It is the blend door.....I had the same issue on my wife’s commander.

I can only hope Ford engineering did a better job than Chrysler.......Jeep used plastic gears to control the blend door, which wore out of course, and the whole dash needed to come out to replace a $2.00 part.

So the whole repair only cost about $1,000 (sarcasm of course)....i hope you have better access to replace it....and i would do a search on YouTube for any videos on your topic

·
Registered
378 Posts
Had it happen on a 2014 Caravan...I fixed it by turning both temp control knobs at the same time from cold to hot 3-4 times. The second time the actuator malfunctioned I couldnt get it to work again, so it went in to the dealer. They tried to fuck me for $200.00+ for the fix....LOOOOL...I handed the FEMALE service writer a copy of the FCA recall paperwork for the issue with a no charge to the owner. The repair comes with a free 5 yr/ 50k warranty

·
Registered
680 Posts
Temperature blend door actuator. Very common on those, I see them all the time in my shop. Have someone scan it for codes. It will probably have a code for that. Usually a B code, I don't remember the exact number though sorry.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Had it on my escalade ext - the servo motor that connects to the blend door on the passenger side took a crap - I replaced the little part (was only like 50 dollars) and was able to do it all myself - only too maybe an hour total.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Just finish replacing the one on my Explorer. Although mine was all temp control work on drivers side. Passenger stuck on high heat. Changed the one under steering wheel. Did nothing. After that I decided to disconnect battery for a while, and it worked after that.
So not sure if it was an electrical problem. Try disconnecting ur battery for a bit. As I put the one I took off on the opposite side and it was working good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts