Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this form and new to purchasing an Arctic Cat sled, I'm looking at a 2012 XF 1100 anniversary edition with only 200km on it. I'm told all updates are done except the tunnel update but the kit comes with the sled. I've read a lot online as well as on the feed in here that there were a bunch of issues with this sled, even with the updates done should I be steering clear of it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Even then if I decide to get a new one in a year or 2 could I even resell it?

Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have the same sled with over 8000 miles on it. Generally, it has been good, but I have never been completely satisfied with the suspension. That sled has the 141" suspension which is really an offtrail suspension, I have had to do a lot of mods to get it to ride decently on the trails, and it still is not as good as my buddies sled with the 137" sliderail suspension. On the plus side, I'm assuming it is a turbo, so it will be very fast with the ability to make it even faster with a minimum of effort (reflash, etc.) at 200km, it isn't even broken in yet.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've got around 3k miles on my '12 xf turbo. Has the updates, including the side vent for the clutches, big-fin, and I had the flat tunnel put on last year due to epic ice buildup the year before (I got it used).

I threw a bikeman stage 2 torsional clutch kit, 220HP tune & exhaust, and fett brothers belt deflection adjustment tool on, and put hygear dual chamber upgrades and hygear rear linkage in as well. It still doesn't ride as good as the slide action skid with coil shocks, but it rides pretty darn good, and handles great.

FWIW, mine wasn't a belt-eater before the updates, and isn't after the updates and go-fast goodies. I "beat" on my sled and have no issues with the driveline, though I'm not studded (not needed, IMHO, with the cobra 1.6).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts