Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna put a pinned topic here for anyone who's bought a new 2012 Switchback or Switchback Pro-R chassis sled, and notices any issues with it. Whether it be a hose that could use some re-routing or extra protection, a wire that looks questionable, or any other potential problem area ... let's make this the gathering point for everyone to check over their sled(s).

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I found what looks like a chain case vent hose that rubs on the pull start rope.
Not a big issue for those with ES but over time it will wear. A simple re-route of the vent will do it!!!
The aluminum tunnel was super dirty so a cleaning and some wax is in order!

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same issues as last year. Air bubbles in the oil lines and VES Gold in the tank. I will drain it and put the semi-synthetic in, just like last year.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I found what looks like a chain case vent hose that rubs on the pull start rope.
Not a big issue for those with ES but over time it will wear. A simple re-route of the vent will do it!!!
Nice catch,just zip tied mine out of the way!

·
Registered
246 Posts

Mine was the same....fixed now. Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
the skis are set up for easy side hilling if you run flat land you may want to move them to center the ski or even make it wider by moving the spacers to the other side gives you 3 different ski settings have a great day

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Same issues as last year. Air bubbles in the oil lines and VES Gold in the tank. I will drain it and put the semi-synthetic in, just like last year.
I asked my dealer about this, and they said its got the semi-synthetic in it, its just not dyed?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I asked my dealer about this, and they said its got the semi-synthetic in it, its just not dyed?

I just bought some and it's still blue. You can use the gold, it just takes longer to seat the rings. I also run the blue in the first tank of gas per the owners manual.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the skis are set up for easy side hilling if you run flat land you may want to move them to center the ski or even make it wider by moving the spacers to the other side gives you 3 different ski settings have a great day

Makes sense, I will probably swap the spacer for a wider stance. Thanks

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I just bought some and it's still blue. You can use the gold, it just takes longer to seat the rings. I also run the blue in the first tank of gas per the owners manual.
Yeah I know the stuff you buy is, that's why I asked. And he said they just didn't bother dyeing the stuff they put in it from factory. But it's semi-synth.

So idk.

-Sent from my iPhone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah I know the stuff you buy is, that's why I asked. And he said they just didn't bother dyeing the stuff they put in it from factory. But it's semi-synth.

So idk.

-Sent from my iPhone.

My assumption was that the dealer filled the fluids. Your dealer may be right idk. I used the blue last year and had no engine issues so I am doing it again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Haha yeah I'm not exactly sure. I asked and he said I wouldn't need to drain it and switch. So I'll do that. It's got warranty if anything fugs up.

-Sent from my iPhone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the info, it was the first thing I adjusted once I had my panels and hood off.

I ended up following the vent tube to the end and its being held in place by the airbox clamps. I slid the tube a little bit more through the clamp to remove some slack, giving me enough clearance from the pull rope. The clamp has it pretty snug so it should stay in place.
:bc:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts