Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wish you were a tech at one of the dealers around here. You have knowledge and talents for this stuff which is unknown in these parts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Unfortunately I caught pneumonia several days ago, so I’ve been bedridden. The exhaust springs are in hand and it’s ready to test fire and break the engine in as soon as I can get up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thank you! Made it through after about a week of feeling absolutely dead. I went back to work today and had forgotten I’d even ordered the sticker for the other side panel, but it was in too!

I started off by installing the last few exhaust springs.

I brought home my custom made fuel pump harness to prime the air out of the system.

Installed the matching sticker on the right hand side fender.

Then fired it up and drive it outside to perform break in! I have a video of the first start if I can figure out a way to upload and post it here.

The machine runs great! The TPS or idle is set a little bit low, so I’ll be bringing my work laptop and cable home tomorrow to give that a reset and do a quick check to make sure there are no other hidden issues.

It pulls very well just around the yard, so I’m excited to see what it does in an open play area! I’m also interested to see if my estimated clutch settings turned out to be spot on or need adjusting. The girlfriend and I may go out on Sunday or Monday, and if that’s happens I’ll be sure to post the ride results here!

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
Looks GREAT man. You cannot upload videos directly to the site. You will have to create a you tube page, post the vids there and then copy the link and paste it on here.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Always liked that q drive system. Just seems so efficient and don't know why it is not used more by oem. Many positives in my books. I mean big deal if you snap a belt. Seen broken chains make way more of a mess to fix.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I didn’t get a chance to try it at the end of last season. The snow melted locally too quickly and I had to get it into the enclosed trailer before it got put into storage. I’ve been doing what seems like a ground up restoration on the plow truck all summer, but once that’s done I’ll be bringing the sled back in for the final tweaks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Alright, well...semi final update :lol:

Been incredibly busy and had some life changing events happen, but despite that, the sled is still here! I finally got a chance to yard the sled out of the enclosed trailer and get the TPS set for a better idle.

I ordered up some decals from various 2020 sleds as they had a few new ones I thought fit the color scheme well. The "ASSAULT" is from the 2020 SBA tank decal, and the "146" is from the Indy Anniversary SKS. This is officially the only PRO Switchback Assault in existence! Now, she's ready to ride!

Unfortunately, it's currently -27*F so I'm going to wait until it warms up and the snow softens for a good test ride. Next week looks pretty promising!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So over a year later, I finally got a chance to take it out on the first ride! I definitely need to back off the Primary weight a bit and possibly dial in the springs a bit more, but this thing still takes off like a rocket. I have never owned a sled that can hook, plant, and launch like this one will. This is THE sled Polaris should have built. The silver sled in the pictures is a stock 2015 SBA and there is no comparison between the two. I cannot even describe what an amazing combo this entire package is. I buried it twice and fell off once so it was a great ride. Can’t wait to get the clutching dialed in and take it out again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well, moving on to other stuff! Absolute blast to ride though! Recently changed jobs here, and decided to focus on some other projects, mainly my Exocet car. Put the sled up for sale and hopefully she’ll find a loving home.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts