Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the 600 ACE engine, having a hard time deciding between a 2012 MXZ TNT 600 ACE and the 2013 MXZ Sport ACE
I see the only difference being the shocks. What is the differenece and will I really notice anything.

Thanks for any input!:bc:

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
The 2012 should cost you much less if you are looking to buy now. Personally I like the look of the TNT over the Sport (Black Tunnel) and the shocks are much better not to mention that the 2013 Sport only has a 1" track. No brainer in my mind if you are looking to purchase before the end of March. I was going to buy a 2013 TNT ACE only to be crushed when I saw the new sleds. What are they thinking? Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not much difference.

We have one of each 2010 and 2012.The TNT absorbs hard bumps smoother without the bounce but you can always upgrade the rear shock ( and the fronts if need be ). I don't notice much difference between my wifes and mine other than that. Wish I had waited to get something other than white but late season on both so I wasn't too picky...

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have one of each 2010 and 2012.The TNT absorbs hard bumps smoother without the bounce but you can always upgrade the rear shock ( and the fronts if need be ). I don't notice much difference between my wifes and mine other than that. Wish I had waited to get something other than white but late season on both so I wasn't too picky...
Are both of the sleds ACE's??
How do you like them??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not both.

The 2012 sport is an ACE my wifes new sled has about 600 miles on it bought it a few weeks back. The TNT is mine its a 600 carb with around 2000 miles. So far so good on the ACE she loves it it's a cool machine drives like a four wheeler nice and quiet great mileage handles awesome. I love mine also best dialed in sled I've ever owned.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 2011 MXZ Sport 600 Ace with 1853 miles on it with zero trouble so far ( knock on wood ).

I am getting around 27.9 mpg and that is running between 40-60 mph all day long. It it great when you fill it up after doing 180 miles and it take 6.5 Gallons. :fistpump2:plus I can ride all day without worring about gas.:thumbsup:

My top speed is 78 mph and that is on a flat groom trail without studs.

It is a nice little sled for trail riding.

It only has a 60 HP motor,but has plently of power for what type of riding I do.

I hope this report helps anyone interrested in getting one :bc2:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I got a 2012 600 ACE tnt waiting for me while I sell my 600 carb tnt , it is just better for the type of riding I doo also

·
Registered
68 Posts
Picked up the ace tnt couple weeks ago also, very pleased. It is a colder ride than my IQ (still not freezing) but i think the little knee deflectors would do the trick. MPG is crazy and the wisper of the motor is very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
We are done for the season. 2425 X 2 = 4850 miles.
If we both rode an ACE we would probably have $800 bucks in our pocket.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
anyone know how much different the renegade is on fuel compared to the short track ? anyone have a renegade ACE ?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I am interested in the 600 ACE engine, having a hard time deciding between a 2012 MXZ TNT 600 ACE and the 2013 MXZ Sport ACE
I see the only difference being the shocks. What is the differenece and will I really notice anything.

Thanks for any input!:bc:
Well I am going to pick my 2012 MXZ TNT Ace up next week and it was a no brainer for me to decide seeing that Doo for 2013 is only offering in the sport. See the 2013 only has the 1 inch track and non rebuildable shocks in the Sport,and the 2012 MXZ TNT you can rebuild. Guess I like the painted tunnel also. Should be good for trail riding for me sometimes and the wife and anybody else that comes to our place to ride sometimes. Shoot I have a 2012 1200 MXZ X now but who knows this sled might just satisfy me. Still going to keep the 1200 for out of the hole FIX. :laff:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well I am going to pick my 2012 MXZ TNT Ace up next week and it was a no brainer for me to decide seeing that Doo for 2013 is only offering in the sport. See the 2013 only has the 1 inch track and non rebuildable shocks in the Sport,and the 2012 MXZ TNT you can rebuild. Guess I like the painted tunnel also. Should be good for trail riding for me sometimes and the wife and anybody else that comes to our place to ride sometimes. Shoot I have a 2012 1200 MXZ X now but who knows this sled might just satisfy me. Still going to keep the 1200 for out of the hole FIX. :laff:
Looking at buying one for the wife and kids. Some of the places we go are shy of gas..it would be a great rig for that...I would probably take it myself once in a while... Still have the arm stretching torque with the other rigs I own.. Really depends on your style, the group your runnig with, and where you are going on any given day.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Bought the TNT ACE the other day, for the family. Good deals on leftovers and 3 years warrranty too!! Looks like a nice sled... may not get any break in miles til next winter...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bought the TNT ACE the other day, for the family. Good deals on leftovers and 3 years warrranty too!! Looks like a nice sled... may not get any break in miles til next winter...
Congrats on the new sled, still good to go up north if you leave now you'de be riding in the morning.:thumbsup:
I just found on line the Doo dealer down you're way in Dartmouth has a 2012 Renegade 600ACE in the show room. There could be an Ace in my future...

·
Registered
860 Posts
I was in the Dartmouth store that morning,then bought one in New Glasgow that afternoon. They will compete on prices...bought in New Glasgow because it was closer to me. They have an ACE renegade on the floor in New Glasgow also. My TNT was still in the crate.

Congrats on the new sled, still good to go up north if you leave now you'de be riding in the morning.:thumbsup:
I just found on line the Doo dealer down you're way in Dartmouth has a 2012 Renegade 600ACE in the show room. There could be an Ace in my future...

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Well nice to see you picked one up. Sure you are going to like the sled. I see 2013 has the black hood and console. Might just change mine out come this next winter. Time will tell. Huh maybe the black hood and console will make it go faster. :lol3:

·
Registered
247 Posts
congrats on the ACE.

Putting my wifes away for the summer this weekend:yucky: Should have bought it sooner would have over a 1000 mi on it. But the 500+ she did ride it was awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Just purchased two 2012 TNT Ace machines from Jackman Power Sports. Winter can't come soon enough. Also purchased a new trailer from Pro-Line. Had no problems selling my enclosed steel trailer and my 2007 MXZ's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts