Hardcore Sledder banner

2012 f800

2K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  stronger800 
#1 ·
hey dudes and dudettes. New to the cat club this year. Love them to death. This is probably a amateur hour question but I'll ask it anyway. Trying to set the belt deflection on my procross and it's too tight. Max shims too tight. No shims too tight.any thoughts? feel free to call me a dummy if I'm doing something wrong over here. Cheers people

#2 ·
Adding shims, the thin ones at the cap under the oring, tightens the belt. (Just to clarify). Is it the correct belt? Any chance that your primary (front) clutch is not fully opening/releasing which would make it grab the belt and the belt be tight? A problem with the rear clutch can not make the belt go tight, but, slide it off the sled and look it over anyway. Verify the rollers are intact and more or less in contact with the helix. Welcome to the forum.

#4 ·
How tight is too tight? Is it squeeling? Belt want to move the sled at idle? If so, then could be something drastic such as a bad bearing on the shaft holdng the clutch at an angle, or damaged chassis...but I doubt it.

With shims stacked only half way to the oring, when you tighten the bolt, does the secondary start to open and let the belt drop into it a bit? It should. Is this sled new to you? Or are you just new to HCS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.