Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my knowledge, the new 141” skid that’s in the high country models have longer shocks than the original 141” skid like the 12/13 xf models. What was changed that makes it necessary for the longer shocks? Are the front and rear arm the same and just different mounting locations for the shocks? Looking to run the newer shocks on the original 141” skid but want to know what I need to change to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
just the link bar to match, I put a QS3 in with the link to match and the ride is great

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just the link bar to match, I put a QS3 in with the link to match and the ride is great

What about the front skid shock? On my 2013 the front shock is 11.75”, on the newer 141 skid I believe it’s 12.5”.

·
Premium Member
20,445 Posts
I just put the longer front shock (out of my ‘18 HC) into the ‘13 skid. Didn’t change anything else. Front arm mounting location in tunnel is different, one hole vs the other, maybe 3/4”, , but everybody moves those around around anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Ah yes I have no idea on the front shock, I just had hygear do their spring kit and revalve when I added the Qs3 and stopped there

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put the longer front shock (out of my ‘18 HC) into the ‘13 skid. Didn’t change anything else. Front arm mounting location in tunnel is different, one hole vs the other, maybe 3/4”, , but everybody moves those around around anyway.
So u just put the longer front shock on and loosen the limiter straps up some I assume?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check the part numbers on the Front arm ! I think they are also longer . I was told my 016 141'' M8000 is longer . Then what was in my 015 XF8000 drag sled . But never looked into it .Both sleds ran good ET's .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah yes I have no idea on the front shock, I just had hygear do their spring kit and revalve when I added the Qs3 and stopped there

Did you have to remover or reposition the inner idler wheel? Or did the reservoir clear the wheel in the stock location?

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Did you have to remover or reposition the inner idler wheel? Or did the reservoir clear the wheel in the stock location?
That was the only bummer I had added wheels to yhe outside already and so on the resi side I did have to remove the inside wheel. So only 3wheels there after the new QS3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts