Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was helping a coworker looking at a Vector tonight.
12k miles but nice shape and well maintained and clean. And upgraded with what looked like a backcountry track.
However, i found the clutch engagement not as smooth as expected - it was quite challenging to ride really slow. Not optimal for a novice rider.

I got the impression that these sleds (as the apex/warriors) got a "hard hitting" stock setup and heard ppl swapping to softer primary springs to calm them down a bit.
Any tips or other things to consider?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Soft start spring from Barn of Parts is the cats ass.

I've got one on all my Vectors(3) and even my Apex.

The Apex is smooth stock, but engaged too high in my opinion.

Soft start spring engages at 2500 & still pulls full shift RPM up top. It's great. Takes advantage of 1000-1200 rpm of extra torque these 4s engines make.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect - just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
413 Posts
was helping a coworker looking at a Vector tonight.
12k miles but nice shape and well maintained and clean. And upgraded with what looked like a backcountry track.
However, i found the clutch engagement not as smooth as expected - it was quite challenging to ride really slow. Not optimal for a novice rider.

I got the impression that these sleds (as the apex/warriors) got a "hard hitting" stock setup and heard ppl swapping to softer primary springs to calm them down a bit.
Any tips or other things to consider?
Schmidt Bros. have a "comfort" spring, works great..

·
Registered
401 Posts
x2 on Barn of Parts. Made my Apex way nicer to turn around, and load/unload from the trailer

·
Registered
520 Posts
In 2016 they provided Vector with 3-mode (YCCT) driveability, and it works well. Most of us seem to leave it in touring mode, as "sport" mode behaves like what you're discussing. Touring mode still gets you top speed, but much more smoothly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts