Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I replaced the driveshaft bearing, which originally messed up speed sensor. Magnetic pickup had a bunch of debris stuck to it when bearing went south. I removed the little gear, I’ll call it, bolted into the end of the driveshaft that I assume works with the magnet to come up with a speed. I failed to notice if that gear is supposed to be torqued to just spin as drive shaft spins or less torque to allow it to I guess free wheel, able to just spin it frearly? Thanks. Any engineering types I would love to be educated on how these actually work? Thanks. Way to late in the season to be working on sleds!! Take care,
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tightened down .Spins the same speed as your driveshaft
I replaced bearing, was bad, took out speedometer, dinged up speed sensor(magnet), tried old one no speed, R&R speed sensor still no speedometer. Battery not installed, don’t think that would effect it would it? Nothing mechanical anymore in this speed sensing system so I’m confused. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Plum VR1-850/15 Pro-S/15 8RR/21 850 XRS
1,935 Posts
That doesn’t look right. It should be like a full gear like #16 in this pic.
Font Slope Parallel Auto part Circle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That doesn’t look right. It should be like a full gear like #16 in this pic.
That doesn’t look right. It should be like a full gear like #16 in this pic. View attachment 2134537
Thanks, well that would explain it. I’ll look at a pic next time at the part store and order it. Must have got destroyed when bearing went. By the way any links to buy good old fashioned hard copy Polaris service service manuals? Seems harder and harder to find, don’t really like the on line manuals. Thanks again.
Bob

·
Registered
22 Plum VR1-850/15 Pro-S/15 8RR/21 850 XRS
1,935 Posts
Sorry. Forgot to put part number 5136619. Called a speedo pickup wheel. As for the hardcopy manual. Not to sure, maybe ebay?

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,060 Posts
Bearing journal looks shot also. I have a complete driveshaft available for sale if you want it. Has bearing and speedo pickup. Let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts