Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just picked up a TZ1 so that I could take my daughter on rides and she would be more comfortable and safe. This is a base model sled. Looking for some info on how they do or should I be looking to upgrade the shocks and carbides? Not planning to rip the sled hard. When I want to do that I will grab my other sled. I weigh about 245 and my daughter is about 60.

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
890 Posts
I have a 2012 TZ1. I find its comfortable, as fast as I need it to be, meets my needs just fine. A carbide upgrade may be in order, I put on Bergstrem good and ugly with the shims and ski savers, and like them. Shocks are fine for me, and I expect that the way you will ride it should be fine. If you want to get very aggressive, you may find they don't do the job. Overall, this sleds rides great, its warm, and the heated seats are a plus.

My wife is short, I had to raise up the foot rests in back, so she could reach them The back seat is a bit high.

When I ride alone, I take the back seat off, takes two minutes. Lots of storage, doesn't really look like a 2 up that way. You might find that you use it more than you think you will.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I will hold of on upgrades until I take a few rides then. My buddy made some blocks for his daughter on his. He is going to let me have them so that will take care of that issue. My daughter (8 years old) is so excited. Just need to order up a new windshield (former owner cracked it a little bit) and do a pre season and hopefully will be ready to roll with it. Do you just let the helper bars flap around? I guessing once they get snow on them they will hold down?

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
890 Posts
They are down when I ride alone, I just leave them, no problem. Put them up when my wife is with me. This is a great feature, sled never bottoms out, easy to raise and lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts