Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Polaris Rush 600 CFI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post.
I am having a problem with my Sled as mentioned in the title.

I bought this snowmobile last year with the top end torn apart due to the PTO side having low compression, and the previous owner didn't want to fix it and let it sit torn down for a couple years. I rebuilt the top end, did all the bearings replaced all the filters, and i cannot recall if it was doing this last year on the one 15 min ride i was able to take after the rebuild because i am not super knowledgeable of 2 strokes or sleds in general, although i am pretty confident in my mechanical abilities.

Anyways, The PTO side is not running at idle, if i pull the plug cap on the pto side there is no change to RPM or engine sound, if i pull the mag side the motor dies. Although if i give it some throttle and pull the mag side it stays running and dies as soon as throttle is let off. I only noticed this because when I would barely touch the throttle it would bog down and almost die unless i gave it a lot more throttle.

I have changed the plugs, i have good spark on both sides, both plugs looked the same, although they didnt really look great, they where blackish, but that may be because i premixed the first tank i ran as i was unsure if the oil pump was working. I have swapped the top injectors and the issue stayed the same, i have not swapped the bottom ones yet.

I have not set or tested the TPS since the rebuild although that will be the next thing i do, although i dont think it would have an effect on this issue.

I am running out of ideas other than trying the swap the bottom injectors and seeing if it follows or setting the TPS.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
You need to test and see if you have power to the injectors on the side that not firing. You could pour a lil fuel like a half bottle cap full or cap full in the spark plug hole of dead cyl. Hurry up and put plug back in and fire it up. If it runs on both for a minute you know it’s fuel starved. Then test injectors and see if they are have power to thier harness. Since it burned down I would be suspect of injector flow also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to test and see if you have power to the injectors on the side that not firing. You could pour a lil fuel like a half bottle cap full or cap full in the spark plug hole of dead cyl. Hurry up and put plug back in and fire it up. If it runs on both for a minute you know it’s fuel starved. Then test injectors and see if they are have power to thier harness. Since it burned down I would be suspect of injector flow also.
so I have swapped the top 2 already idkwhich ones are the low speed/ idle injectors though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you don’t have a power signal to fire the injectors on that cyl then ?
The 2010 rush used 2 injectors per cylinder, making it the “2+2” system. only one set fires at certain rpm’s from what I understand, I swapped the Top 2 injectors and there was no change, so I am assuming that the top two do not contain the idle/ low speed injectors.

I have Not swapped the bottom yet because it takes removing the engine to do So.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.