Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 IQ 600, 5k miles, great running sled. I want to start taking my kids and was thinking of buying a 2 up but my budget wont allow much more than a couple year older 2-up. Was wondering if the IQ chassis would handle me (210 lbs) and a kid anywhere from 60 lbs, to 130 lbs to ride with me if i put on a second seat and just keep my Shift????

·
Registered
296 Posts
What about putting the future sledder right up front on the seat and you behind or vise versa
have the little one hold on to a strapping device attached to the driver, the device isnt all that expensive......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about putting the future sledder right up front on the seat and you behind or vise versa
have the little one hold on to a strapping device attached to the driver, the device isnt all that expensive......
Thats what i was thinking, do you think my ssuspension would handle it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the suspension itself can handle the weight, but you will likely need to swap to heavier torsion springs. Depending on how bumpy of trails and how fast you ride, an upgraded rear shock with more compression dampening will make a big difference too.

·
Registered
17,082 Posts
there is 2up seats available for the IQ body. Found this on amazon:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the market for one of these seats, pn#2878157 if anybody has on they want to sell. You guys have any idea where to find those heavier springs?
Polaris sells different diameter/weight torsion springs. They are usually listed in the online parts catalog on the "rear torque arm" page. The .359'' diameter are the most common "heavy" springs and came stock in some of the dragons if you are looking for used. There is super heavy .405'' diameter springs for the IQ skids but they are very stiff if you plan on doing any solo riding.

FYI, the backrest on that 2up seat kit is designed to bolt to a rear cargo rack that isn't included. This rack was only available for 136'' track sleds, but I have seen the rack be modified by someone with good fabrication skills and installed on a 121'' track sled.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 121" shift that I bought a backrest for when my kids were little, it worked well, it is adjustable, and is for sale!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Polaris sells different diameter/weight torsion springs. They are usually listed in the online parts catalog on the "rear torque arm" page. The .359'' diameter are the most common "heavy" springs and came stock in some of the dragons if you are looking for used. There is super heavy .405'' diameter springs for the IQ skids but they are very stiff if you plan on doing any solo riding.

FYI, the backrest on that 2up seat kit is designed to bolt to a rear cargo rack that isn't included. This rack was only available for 136'' track sleds, but I have seen the rack be modified by someone with good fabrication skills and installed on a 121'' track sled.
Yep I've got a 136! Thanks for the info on the springs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts