Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had it in a shop for this they didn't fix it after sitting there for a month. They checked TPS said it was fine said the idle was fine but when you hit the reverse button it died every time before It could kick on into reverse again shop said everything was fine.
Ive loosened the throttle cable at the throttle body and got it down to 1700 rpm at idle. Great, I get back into it to come down a hair more roughly 1200 to 1300 rpm is the goal. Put it all back together and we are at 2500 rpms at idle. Not sure where to go from here there is a slight bit of play on the throttle before it actually pulls the throttle body

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive had it in a shop for this they didn't fix it after sitting there for a month. They checked TPS said it was fine said the idle was fine but when you hit the reverse button it died every time before It could kick on into reverse again shop said everything was fine.
Ive loosened the throttle cable at the throttle body and got it down to 1700 rpm at idle. Great, I get back into it to come down a hair more roughly 1200 to 1300 rpm is the goal. Put it all back together and we are at 2500 rpms at idle. Not sure where to go from here there is a slight bit of play on the throttle before it actually pulls the throttle body
When I got it down to 1700 rpms the sled did not die when going into reverse and clutch won't engage till 4000 rpms

·
Premium Member
18,802 Posts
Oh really ok I will get back into it an turn it back up and see what happens
The TPS setting is calibrated to match airflow to throttle opening % in NA form. This establishes what the fuel injection must do to match airflow.
It's possible that the unboosted stock TPS setting is no longer the correct one when a turbo is potentially increasing/decreasing the airflow at idle. It might require setting it lower/higher to compensate.

·
Vendor
10,631 Posts
base voltage has to be .698-.700 you will have to adjust the voltage up/down. get it to 1700 +/- 200 being injected it will hunt some. meaning 1500- 1900 is o.k. these don't idle steady like a carb. sled. turbo effecting air flow i would say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts