Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
New here just picked up a 09 renegade 1200 4 stroke has a new track and has no studs i see it has pre drilled holes for studs two per window so I'm trying to find out how many i will need it i just do the two and what size It's a one ply track and thing i remember hearing something about using a bigger head stud .

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
If it's a Renegade you will have 96 studs and they will be 1.325" studs. As said above, make sure you get single ply studs which are a larger diameter head and backer plate. Woody Grand Masters are what you would have to use if you want to maintain a warranty on the track but I assume on an '09 it's not a factor. Personally I would use them anyway, warranty or not, they are the right studs for the job. I have them in the stock pattern on both of my Renegades and they are great. Make sure you install tunnel protectors!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jethtoxlt
That's the information I was looking for.. I'm little surprised on just 96 on stock pattern on a 136 track no warranty on it just had a new track installed when I picked it up.
You wouldn't know what the the diameter of the head are like 5/16 or what ever it is just want to get the right ones.
Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Thanks jethtoxlt
That's the information I was looking for.. I'm little surprised on just 96 on stock pattern on a 136 track no warranty on it just had a new track installed when I picked it up.
You wouldn't know what the the diameter of the head are like 5/16 or what ever it is just want to get the right ones.
Thanks again for the info
Yeah it's two studs every other lug. Plenty of people have done more studs. I find it hooks up fairly well with the stock pattern but if you have power mods you may want to increase the number of studs.

The heads of the stud are big, 1.2".
https://www.woodystraction.com/product/92478/grand-master

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting ready to put grand master suds in my track anyone know the torque specs for the studs ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts