Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just released. Follow this link and links inside to DooTalk, SnoGoer and MaxSled.

It gets twice the MPG and oil per gallon than Polaris or Cat.

Same 118 Hp.

It has an automatic summerization fogging system.

Weighs 15 lbs more than a 500ss TNT i.e. 415 lbss.

Problem is no word on if all the new REV XP problems are fixed i.e. numerous broken drive shafts, (see videos here and on Utube) belt failure before 500 miles, idler wheels falling off, very harsh rides (have to set shocks on softest settings) etc. Too bad hoped these problems would be fixed soon.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...howtopic=300738

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow and it will cost you as a canadian around 12000 dollars for a 600cc with only 118hp. what a rip off[/b]
$9,200 US pricing. Buy in the US. If everyone does than the Canadian prices will be the same as manufactuers will have to lower prices to help dealers out. They are doing this for magazines and apparently Harleys.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
$9,200 US pricing. Buy in the US. If everyone does than the Canadian prices will be the same as manufactuers will have to lower prices to help dealers out. They are doing this for magazines and apparently Harleys.[/b]
$9200 US = about 12,000 CDN prices, they usually add about $3g's onto the US sticker price. I'm leary about it because of the problems the SDI had in 04. They're got it worked out now but first year engine blues I am almost certain of.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
$9,200 US pricing. Buy in the US. If everyone does than the Canadian prices will be the same as manufactuers will have to lower prices to help dealers out. They are doing this for magazines and apparently Harleys.[/b]
no warranty on this sled by buying in the states. hmm not a good move with the track record doo has this year on some sleds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oil Economy: Most owners will have to add oil just once per season, due to the added precision of the system’s electronic oil pump and sophisticated computer mapping.[/b]
that would terrify me... 1 tank of oil for a full season... what's the margin of error there??

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
that would terrify me... 1 tank of oil for a full season... what's the margin of error there??[/b]
That scares me too, I wonder how many miles they're considering a "full season". Still crazy! I hear lots of people raving about the e-tec outboards...that said I don't know enough about the technology. Sounds very promising though! Now who wants to be the guinea pig? I'd be pretty tentative to step into one of those. At least the first year...here's hoping they address some of the XP issues. And you can be sure there'll be at least a few bugs to be worked out with that motor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That scares me too, I wonder how many miles they're considering a "full season". Still crazy! I hear lots of people raving about the e-tec outboards...that said I don't know enough about the technology. Sounds very promising though! Now who wants to be the guinea pig? I'd be pretty tentative to step into one of those. At least the first year...here's hoping they address some of the XP issues. And you can be sure there'll be at least a few bugs to be worked out with that motor.[/b]
never mind the oil usage, just imagine what the oil costs... they got to make up for the 6-8 jugs a person would normally use in a season...

·
Registered
254 Posts
interesting they would try this in a sled. there have been alot of problems with the outboards. when they do work they apparently work well but if you follow any of the boat forums/boards there are still problems with them.

the di motors use to be rev limited to around 5500, i wonder how they got around that problem. they use little oil due to the oil pressure in the system, very high. the oil basically becomes a very fine mist.

i don't see the other manufacturers following suit. Skidoo has another use for 2 strokes, the other manufacturers don't. i can't see Skidoo licensing it to other manufacturers. most others are already making the switch to 4 strokes.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Interesting technology. If it works, they'll sell tons. Let's hope they don't let their consumers do their R&D for them on this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wouldn't get too excited. We have an Evanrude with E-Tech and they are so lean that there is often a bottom to mid range bog. The mileage is also questionable, with the outboard if you run wide open the fuel consumption is no better than any other 2 or 4 stroke. In fact Evanrude tells you to pull back on the throttle a bit to get better fuel consumption. Well if you do that with any motor of course you'll get better mileage. They use absolutely no oil though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is a sled comparable to a Boat?? ( i know there is tons of drag an full throttle) thinking of buying a 4 stoker for the boat this year...

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
never mind the oil usage, just imagine what the oil costs... they got to make up for the 6-8 jugs a person would normally use in a season...[/b]

You are correct special oil is required. It is described in the material.

·
Registered
284 Posts
what were the conditions the unit was running? hard ,powder,speed...? good milage on anything ...sitting on trailer, idling...30 mph trail...Dyno??? 100mph...jus curious...what the control spec was....?

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Is a sled comparable to a Boat?? ( i know there is tons of drag an full throttle) thinking of buying a 4 stoker for the boat this year...[/b]

Guys, guys, guys, this is HCS (hardcoresledder) not HCB (hardcoreboater) unless you are talking about the RX-1 that hit an iceberg...well you know the story.... the iceberg lost!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts