Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
With the 600's being so close,and faster than the 700 cfi's will Polaris drop the 700 cc for 09.?

600 cc class is at 120 carb,125 cfi
800 cc class is at 154 hp

do they really need the 700 cc class?

Polaris can squezze 130 hp out of the 600.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i think that the 700 that i rode is very impressive!!!! I think they should continue to build it....

I will be snowchecking a RMK Dragon 800 this spring though, it should really rip...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
no way the 600 is faster than the 700. Iv'e driven both and I say not a chance.[/b]
Very true BUT it sounds like Poo's 600 will beat everyone elses 600 and the 700 can't handle a good runnning Doo 800 or probably even a strong F8. Poo is coming with their own 800 for that so what is the niche for the 700 with nobody to directly compete with???? I could see them dropping the 700. I wouldn't be surprised to see something around a 1000cc's to compete with the F10 and a possible 1000SDI XP offering from doo to keep the hyper speed guys happy around this time next year, sounds like sales are up and the pipeline is getting cleared out, should free up some $$$$ for R&D up at Roseau.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hopefully we'll see a 800RR next season with a 1.5" camoplast intense track coming in at 450lbs dry. Maybe a retail tag of $10,500?? One can only hope! :ylsuper:

The 600RR would have sold much better if it didn't retail for over 10 grand, thats a lot of coin for 120hp.

How about all the dragon package sleds getting the full RMK raw chassis with the RMK ergos weighing no more than 450lbs dry?

They need to put the fan cooled sleds in the IQ chassis, the current super sport is a complete joke.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
X2
Also maybe an 80-100 hp non-turbo 4-stroke 121" IQ?[/b]
Thats a good idea but it'll still be very heavy. How about bringing back the 500xc sp motor (105hp)?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I doubt Doo will they have the 08 XP problems to resolve .[/b]
i doubt that skdoo will release a 1000 for along time. and i highly doubt that polaris will even think of trying to touch the 1000cc class for along time lol. but if they do haha.

the only reason why i didnt by a skidoo last year was they didnt have direct injection and i wanted a 900

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thats a good idea but it'll still be very heavy. How about bringing back the 500xc sp motor (105hp)?[/b]
A good motor but the 600 HO Shift has that niche sewn up.
I think a non turbo 4-stroke with adequate trail performance and economy should sell, especially with gas prices escalating as they are.

·
Registered
391 Posts
how bout this, polaris introduces a turbo diesel sled???(lol lets just wish) that would make me buy in a heart beat.[/b]
Too funny but don't laugh too loud, you might have an idea there.
Turbo diesel cars are fun on twisty roads :tongue:
Triple Weber maybe or at least a big twin....think Cat's Z1 in an IQ.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That's internet myth at it's finest...and this is coming from a 600 owner.[/b]
Don't get me wrong, i love my new 08 700 Switch, but our iq Shift is very quick,and is faster up top.These 600's are good ,very good. Like an earliar post :the only thing quicker in this class is another Polaris THE 600 CFI.

My 700 would be stronger in deep or wet snow conditions,but trail riding the 600's are neck and neck!

What about an 800 iq Shift 2009?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
there will be an 800 iq in 09, its gonna be a mid season release but very few numbers, was told they will be available to demo and stuff to get people interested in snow checking them, if i got the money, i will be ordering one for sure

1 - 20 of 111 Posts