Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going for a longer backcounty trip to a remote cabin this weekend and decided to go for the comforts and luggage capacity on the GTX 1200 over my Polaris 850.

About 1 hour into the trip, sled started to lose power and misfire. Ok after a stop/start. Happened a couple more times on friday before we arrived at our destination.
Happened some more on sat but still no big deal. But got progressively worse on our return trip last night. It struggled to go faster than 10-20 mph (even downhill!) and finally we had to bring out the rope for the last 40 miles.
One of the fellow riders on the trip had a 2010 GTX 1200 earlier that exhibited the very same symptoms. It turned out to be a defective TPS unit.

Any other things to check out?

BTW, 5500 miles on the sled , har been pretty much trouble free except it ate 2 coils a couple years ago

·
Registered
483 Posts
Fuel filters (one in tank and cartridge filter). Tank filter was an issue on that model year.

Bob

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'll get the filters changed for sure.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Buddy had the same type of problem, check the wires going into the coils. If you can get it to run shitty, then just press/pull the wires,, he had one of his coils with a loose wire. Of course check the others suggestions as well.
Cheers man,

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all,
has an appointment at the dealer for monday (a little to busy at work to have a try at it myself)

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picked up sled today. Fuel filters were very bad. 4 hours of work - the parts dude made it 3.when I went to pay the bill. From the sound of it they cleaned ou tthe tank too.
Everything ok on the test ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts