Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
give it a couple months and you will have all the pics and info you can handle!but yes I am also getting very curious to see what is coming after all the improvements for 07 ,08 should be real impressive!I HOPE!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Expect to see some entree level price leaders like a 550 fan IQ and IQ Touring. The race sleds will change to IQ hoods. A "snow check only" ditch banger based on the race chassis would be a possiblity also. I would not expect larger than the 700 already available but you might find it available in more models.

IMO

·
Registered
112 Posts
Expect to see some entree level price leaders like a 550 fan IQ and IQ Touring. The race sleds will change to IQ hoods. A "snow check only" ditch banger based on the race chassis would be a possiblity also. I would not expect larger than the 700 already available but you might find it available in more models.

IMO[/b]
that would kick ass, a consumer version of the race sled after how long have we been screaming for it?, just dont see it happing. they need a big block! cat and skid are having to much fun fighting over the 1000 lets throw our hat in an kick ass like in the 6, and 7 class!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Think about it, The MFGs have a LOT of inventory do to the economy and lack of snow. releasing new sled models will slow the purchace of the units already sitting in the show rooms. i wouldn't think polaris is going to rush to market w/new models. Not any time soon.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

IMO[/b]
800cfi is a DONE DEAL... they will be showing up at dealerships out west in about 2wks or so, RMK only for the midseason relase, likely available as next years dragon

·
Registered
143 Posts
800cfi is a DONE DEAL... they will be showing up at dealerships out west in about 2wks or so, RMK only for the midseason relase, likely available as next years dragon[/b]
Don't know if that will be here in two weeks time, but I concur that the 800cfi is a done deal. If I am reading my dealer's poker face right, it is a CFI monoblock based on the current "small block" engine found in the 600 and Dragon.

I have also been told that a FST RMK is also in the works (easy as track and a-arm changes to the current switchback). I would not be suprised to see that as a 1000cc twin. My dealer has been talking to Polaris race dept. and SLP about what to do to increase the output of my FST and they both are saying that the motor is at its stress limit now. This tells me that something with more power (i.e. larger) will come out to stay ahead of the four-stroke curve. Weber also makes a small displacement V-4 (both turbo and NA) that you could see in a trail sled, but it would probably not make it in a mountain chassis. Too nose heavy.

I have been told to also expect a new consumer chassis based on the IQ race sled. The current IQ chassis is simply an "interim" chassis, much like the current 6.0L Ford diesel truck motor is an interim between the 7.3 and next years new engine. The IQ chassis was "thrown" together to make the Polaris faithful happy well the true next gen IFS was developed. An example of this is my Holz spindles. My FST Switch turns twice as good with the geometry change, why hasn't Polaris adopted this geometry? Because they have already moved well beyond the IQ as we know it, unless you have a 440 IQ racer.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I have also been told that a FST RMK is also in the works (easy as track and a-arm changes to the current switchback). I would not be suprised to see that as a 1000cc twin. My dealer has been talking to Polaris race dept. and SLP about what to do to increase the output of my FST and they both are saying that the motor is at its stress limit now. This tells me that something with more power (i.e. larger) will come out to stay ahead of the four-stroke curve. Weber also makes a small displacement V-4 (both turbo and NA) that you could see in a trail sled, but it would probably not make it in a mountain chassis. Too nose heavy.[/b]
all i can say is that you shouldn't forget about KTM's involvement with polaris w/ regards to the next gen FST

edit - look for those 800cfi's to show up at the big dealers like Carl's Cycle and Tri-City...

·
Registered
143 Posts
all i can say is that you shouldn't forget about KTM's involvement with polaris w/ regards to the next gen FST

edit - look for those 800cfi's to show up at the big dealers like Carl's Cycle and Tri-City...[/b]
Haven't forgotten about the KTM involvement, my dealer sells them too. I just don't see KTM making a motor that is PTO ready, yet. The 990 EFI v-twin would be great, but I don't see that as a 2008. More like a 2010.

I would expect the big three (Carl's, Kurt's, and TCP) to get them first anyway to do development work. I know that Kurt was riding a 700 Dragon all of last year up around Seely Lake. This is one reason a bunch of the small dealers are suing Polaris.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Haven't forgotten about the KTM involvement, my dealer sells them too. I just don't see KTM making a motor that is PTO ready, yet. The 990 EFI v-twin would be great, but I don't see that as a 2008. More like a 2010.

I would expect the big three (Carl's, Kurt's, and TCP) to get them first anyway to do development work. I know that Kurt was riding a 700 Dragon all of last year up around Seely Lake. This is one reason a bunch of the small dealers are suing Polaris.[/b]
i've heard that carl's already has an 800 and it's performing WELL... that's a rumor though

doubtful KTM would use an existing engine, more like something along the lines of what yammie did and use the 525 dirtbike motor as a template to build from... afterall, 1050 is the limit for 4s in .x race apps... :p

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

edit - look for those 800cfi's to show up at the big dealers like Carl's Cycle and Tri-City...[/b]
You do realize Polaris is selling all but a percentage or two that they own in KTM. The press release was over two weeks ago. There will not be a KTM four stroke for snowmobiles in Polaris' future. Even if there was a KTM four stroke for snowmobiles, I wouldn't buy one based on reports I've heard about how unreliable the 525 is they have now for quads. It may make power, but it doesn't last.

·
Registered
844 Posts
ANy crystal balls out there see a 136 coupled suspension? Prefer a 600 CFI. I have seen comments from 2 different magazines that thought there would be a mid season release. Just need to seel the Switchback to position myself for one if they make it. Either that, or get a current IQ and lenghten the legs some.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts