Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
traded in the ole firecat for a new 08 f1000 SP put on 400 miles up in the mercer area... looking to get a little more performance out of the machine and need advice on which route to go..

Bikemans clutching
or
DD clucth kit

Bikeman ypipe
or
dd y pipe

timing keys.... bullseyes any other mods that i can add with out doing naything drastic... Thanks alot guys

also what stud size should i run with the 1.25" sp track?? what studs u guys using pattern and amount ect. thanks alot happy sledding

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?? how is the dd set up with the y pipe an clutch kit...? also what is the largest stud i can go with without scratching the tunnel?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt??

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the D&D y-pipe with the bullseyes. Also added the Big Thunder clutch kit.
The clutch kit really woke the sled up.
My next thing will be the boondocker to clean up the jetting.
Got 101 mph on the Cisco chain last weekend but the lake was really rough due to frozen slush.
I'm betting I'll beat that on a smooth surface.

BTW Running 153 1.125 studs in my F1000 LXR

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
need info on running studs with the sno pro track i dont wanna scratch the tunnel and i wanna hook up good haha thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
traded in the ole firecat for a new 08 f1000 SP put on 400 miles up in the mercer area... looking to get a little more performance out of the machine and need advice on which route to go..

Bikemans clutching
or
DD clucth kit

Bikeman ypipe
or
dd y pipe

timing keys.... bullseyes any other mods that i can add with out doing naything drastic... Thanks alot guys

also what stud size should i run with the 1.25" sp track?? what studs u guys using pattern and amount ect. thanks alot happy sledding[/b]
The Speedwerx pipe performed better than the BMP on a dyno all through the power band. 2 hp per 100rpm

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Speedwerx pipe performed better than the BMP on a dyno all through the power band. 2 hp per 100rpm[/b]
The Speedwerx performed about 2 hp better through the power band also than the D&D pipe but peak hp was .1 better for the D&D pipe. Both used their own y-pipe and best results were with the stock can.

Do also air intake and clutching.

dyno results were from dynotech website

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
1CoolZ71... Thats what we like to hear.... Go out and kick some azz with it......

·
Premium Member
20,504 Posts
I have a DD Y pipe. $100. Listed in the classifieds. You can run 1.3xx" studs but they will lightly scratch in the front at higher MPH and in the back if you jump and land hard toward the tail. You will need to go that route if your going to stud the sno-pro 1.25 track. Use tall nuts and do 150-170 as suggested above. Mine have been o.k. but there are a few nics here and there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks alot, ive haerd dd has a good set up for the clutch and y pipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts