Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an 2008 700 IQ owner. I love the sled in how it handles. The performance is alright but not what I believe it is capable of. I hear the same thoughts from all you 700 owners out there. What we need is for someone who has figured this machine out and share with the rest of us so we can whip some ass and be proud of our machine. It sounds like the dealers are not a lot of help so we need each other on this one. many of you have great experience and knowledge and could help us other guys out. If your 700 ran great from the get go, no response needed. I want to hear from guys that made changes and the improvements that occurred.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
How are you measuring Performance?
You need a benchmark.

How would you know if yours is running at 'peak' performance?
Just curious.
[IMHO] Mine for instance is 'Stupid' Fast... there is no way you would use all this power anywhere but on a lake.
Squeeze the flipper, blink twice...90mph.
Is that a good one?? Or should I expect better as well??

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
You need a benchmark.

Just curious.
[IMHO] Mine for instance is 'Stupid' Fast... there is no way you would use all this power anywhere but on a lake.
Is that a good one?? Or should I expect better as well??[/b]
Like, what is your top speed. Take a picture of your max recall and post it for us to see. Anyone or anything can go 90 fast. What does it do after that. I held off on purchasing a 700 IQ or Dragon, haven't heard much good yet. My 98 700 will wax em.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a benchmark.

Just curious.

Top speed 93 on hard pack trail. Pulls good to 85 mph , then s,owly crawls up. My brother and buddy have 2007 600 IQ and both go from 0-60 the same. They holeshot at 8300 RPM's and stay there. I come out at 75-7800 RPM's and then shoot up to 79-8100 RPM's. Being I have 15 more horse I thought I would do better. My oil consumption is about 40 to 1 and they are around 60 to 1. Maybe that is what is ailing me. I am running the same 719 helix in the 70 slot as they are with 64 gram weights. I know the gearing is different and maybe that is slowing me down out of the hole but it is not helping me out up top either. When I come to a stop, my eyes burn becuase of the gassy exhaust. They do not have that problem but hate to stop next to me. My dealer put it on the computer and said it checked out fine. Dealer did notice low RPM's out of hole but said it is probably within spec.

I am not complaining because I like the sled, just want to like it a whole lot more!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tico I do know your son. He is a sweet dude.[/b]

Give him some shit at school. He rides hard and we have on about 1500 miles this year. Been up to Hurley 2X, rest around home.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need a benchmark.

Just curious.

here is my baby.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What kind of stud/carbide combo on your 700?

I got 96 up the middle. Switching out the stock 3" carbides for 9" carbides. I will have to add another 24 studs I think to even it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kind of stud/carbide combo on your 700?

I got 96 up the middle. Switching out the stock 3" carbides for 9" carbides. I will have to add another 24 studs I think to even it out.[/b]

120 up the middle and 6inch stud boys

·
Registered
31 Posts
120 up the middle and 6inch stud boys[/b]
nine inch carbides might be a little overkill! six inch sounds about right. I have a 600cfi -07 and it pulls right up to 95 and then slowly creeps toward 100. Your 700 should be faster everywhere. If you want better cornering turn up the ski shock preload a couple turns and set the RRSS on high. I run six inch woodys and a 1.25 Ice ripperxt track. My wife got my hacksaw track with 96 woodys up the middle for her 03 500xcsp. since hers was shot (3 tear throughs after 5k).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts