Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk about oil ratio and adjustments, figured I'd test the 07 xfire 800.
it used 3.8 gallons of gas, 14 oz oil, (47 miles) So if I do my calculation right its running 35 - 1 ratio and 12.3 mpg.

It was -5 degrees and ran a variity of trails, between open powder fields, hard packed fast trails and slower interconnector trails.

Looks like the sled is running a bit rich.....any comments are more than welcome

Don

·
Registered
27 Posts
With all the talk about oil ratio and adjustments, figured I'd test the 07 xfire 800.
it used 3.8 gallons of gas, 14 oz oil, (47 miles) So if I do my calculation right its running 35 - 1 ratio and 12.3 mpg.

It was -5 degrees and ran a variity of trails, between open powder fields, hard packed fast trails and slower interconnector trails.

Looks like the sled is running a bit rich.....any comments are more than welcome

Don[/b]
don if it is still under waranty, go to your local dealership and have them send your brain box to the factory. i just had it done because of a little bog in mid range. and just put on 160 miles (mostly trail) yesterday. it got alot better oil mileage, and the bog was gone.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don if it is still under waranty, go to your local dealership and have them send your brain box to the factory. i just had it done because of a little bog in mid range. and just put on 160 miles (mostly trail) yesterday. it got alot better oil mileage, and the bog was gone.[/b]
I was wondering did you actually measure your ratio?

This time it was 30 degrees 4.1 gallons and 11oz of oil....

I un-screwed the oil pump linkage 2 turns and now am running 47 to 1. With that being said I noticed that mid range bog you mentioned. I talked to my dealer and was told that at certain throttle positions they ran lean thats why they set them up to run rich. Think I'll put the pump back at the factory setting and the do what you recommend send the ecu back or have the dealer reprogram it if they can? The I'll check it again.

You know whats funny is we did my kids 04 F7 and its running 130 to 1. We couldn't believe it 4.1 gallons of gas to 4oz of oil....We've had it since it was brand new and has over 8,700 miles on it....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering did you actually measure your ratio?

This time it was 30 degrees 4.1 gallons and 11oz of oil....

I un-screwed the oil pump linkage 2 turns and now am running 47 to 1. With that being said I noticed that mid range bog you mentioned. I talked to my dealer and was told that at certain throttle positions they ran lean thats why they set them up to run rich. Think I'll put the pump back at the factory setting and the do what you recommend send the ecu back or have the dealer reprogram it if they can? The I'll check it again.

You know whats funny is we did my kids 04 F7 and its running 130 to 1. We couldn't believe it 4.1 gallons of gas to 4oz of oil....We've had it since it was brand new and has over 8,700 miles on it....[/b]

WOW 130 liters of fuel to 1 liter of oil.I find it hard to belive it is still running.I have a 2003 f7 and it is no where close to that.You should put that sled in "ripley's believe it or not" lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts