Hardcore Sledder banner

2007 weights

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  old cat man 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There were no F7's produced in 2007.

I know that a 2007 F8 is estimated 503lbs dry, according to specs on Arctic Cat's website; http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/sled.asp?id=745

Good luck on getting a wet weight.

A person could always ball park it by getting the capacity of the oil and coolant reservoirs and the gas tank and adding to the dry weight...?

There was a topic posted regarding weights on the new F series. Try doing a search. I can't recall if there were wet weights included on the topic or not.

NJ

#3 ·
I think it's great that Maximum Sled did this testing but it's hard to believe they didn't screw up some of the info.
They show a Doo GSX 500SS at 2 lbs less then a standard 500SS with no Estart. I have weighed Doo Estarts at 28 lbs alone.
The Estart adds less to an SDI Sled as they already have a small battery.

They show the MachZ without Estart as being 19.5 lbs more then a Blizzard 800 without Estart when Skidoo claims a 50 lb. difference. I can't believe Doo wouldn't be shouting this to the world if it were true. I assume either the Blizzard had Estart or more likely, they screwed up the MachZ testing.

#4 ·
There were no F7's produced in 2007.

I know that a 2007 F8 is estimated 503lbs dry, according to specs on Arctic Cat's website; http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/sled.asp?id=745

Good luck on getting a wet weight.

A person could always ball park it by getting the capacity of the oil and coolant reservoirs and the gas tank and adding to the dry weight...?

There was a topic posted regarding weights on the new F series. Try doing a search. I can't recall if there were wet weights included on the topic or not.

NJ[/b]
Sorry, wet weight for a 05 F7 SP, I will pick up my new F8 SP tomorrow and i just want to know the real weight difference.

#5 ·
They show the MachZ without Estart as being 19.5 lbs more then a Blizzard 800 without Estart when Skidoo claims a 50 lb. difference. I can't believe Doo wouldn't be shouting this to the world if it were true. I assume either the Blizzard had Estart or more likely, they screwed up the MachZ testing.[/b]
Your point about the Blizzard having eStart makes sense since it gained almost 100lbs over dry, where the Mach didn't quite gain 70lbs. Who knows???

#16 ·
This is surprising :div20: :div20: Just to let ya know a buddy of mine just scaled his non es mach with 1/4 of fuel at 580 lbs.[/b]
580 lbs makes more sense. Add 8 Gallons of fuel at 6.13 lbs /gal and you get 43 lbs. added to the 580 lbs. or 622 lbs total. This number is far more consistent with previous weight reports on the Mach.

I love my new F1000. It doesn't feel heavy but had I seen this info first, I might not have bought it. I was looking for something that felt lighter then a Mach or RT Gade on the trail. The F1000 seems to fill that need nicely even if it is really heavier.

#18 ·
580 lbs makes more sense. Add 8 Gallons of fuel at 6.13 lbs /gal and you get 43 lbs. added to the 580 lbs. or 622 lbs total. This number is far more consistent with previous weight reports on the Mach.

I love my new F1000. It doesn't feel heavy but had I seen this info first, I might not have bought it. I was looking for something that felt lighter then a Mach or RT Gade on the trail. The F1000 seems to fill that need nicely even if it is really heavier.[/b]
Man I hope so...otherwise Mr. Nasty has a nice little advantage right there...

#21 ·
I want to know what the real weight difference between a standard and an LXR is.... would have been noce if they would have weighed a F6 standard to see what the weight difference between that and the Poo 600 CFi is, since the 600 CFi doesn't have electric start. I would bet less than 20 LBS difference, but hard to say for sure since they didn't weigh similar models.

#22 ·
I want to know what the real weight difference between a standard and an LXR is.... would have been noce if they would have weighed a F6 standard to see what the weight difference between that and the Poo 600 CFi is, since the 600 CFi doesn't have electric start. I would bet less than 20 LBS difference, but hard to say for sure since they didn't weigh similar models.[/b]
F6 SP 619lbs, probably the lightest Cat 600 with e-start.
Poo LX CFI 612.5 with e-start.

Both are in the mid-performance rough trail/ditch stats.

#23 ·
The thing that limits the usefulness of their comparison is that they wieghed them with a full tank of gas (I believe) and the 'Cats have a larger capacity than the Ski Doos. Maybe a 20 lb. difference???[/b]
Why is it useless. You don't drive them with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Everybody fills up and goes and rides. The weight is the weight regardless of the size of the tank. Most of the time you are riding between a 1/4 tank and full.

#24 ·
Polaris 600 LXI isn't comparable to Cat's F-6sp. Check out the 600 IQ and I read its about 45 lbs lighter!

All I know is I tried my new F-5 yesterday. This thing weighs a ton. We must never laugh at Yamahas being one-tons again. I found a dead end trail that was five miles long and no one on it and tried riding this sled a bit on the edge. It can be done but it doesn't build confidence like I get when driving the REV to the outer limits. And driving the new Cat to the edge will tire you faster. But I mostly ride Quebec, and for a trail riding sled I think it will be excellent. No way this chassis will be a good cross country racer.
mike

#25 ·
F6 SP 619lbs, probably the lightest Cat 600 with e-start.
Poo LX CFI 612.5 with e-start.

Both are in the mid-performance rough trail/ditch stats.[/b]
not too much difference, i am in the position to choose between the 600 LX and the F6 standard if the 600 LX doesn't come with E start, i don't need that.

#26 ·
The Lx comes with E-Start Standard. It also has the M-10 suspension. I do not think it is comparable to the standard F6. It is more of a Luxury Sport Ride with the softer ride and adjustable bars.

The 600 HO CFI is would be comparable I think. Couple Hundred cheaper than the LX.

Both would be nice rides polaris You would be Polaris Happy with either choice Polaris :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.