Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post here. I just obtained an 07 RMK for a pretty decent price. When I picked it up it ran great with awesome compression numbers and such. Recently though I installed some new spark plugs then went to start it up again. It proceeded to die after about 10 seconds of idling. Giving it throttle made it die out sooner. I thought it was gas so I filled it up with 93. This did not solve the issues. After installing the plugs, the dash wont come on anymore and now it doesn't even start. Could this be an issue with the voltage regulator or is it something bigger than that?

have retested the compression and the numbers are a bit lower around 115 or so. Any idea what could be the issues here because I am stumped. Than'

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
323 Posts
Was the gas on when you transported it? May have gas in the crankcase. Polaris used to have two drain plugs on the front of the block way down low under the exhaust manifold. Used to have similar described problems On startup in our group transporting with the gas turned on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gas turned on?
Airbox mice? Or in the Canister?
Throttle cable adjustment?
Not sure how to adjust the throttle cable though. Would that be a decline in the idling of the duration? Now that it doesn't even start?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the gas on when you transported it? May have gas in the crankcase. Polaris used to have two drain plugs on the front of the block way down low under the exhaust manifold. Used to have similar described problems On startup in our group transporting with the gas turned on.
I do not believe the gas was turned on. But I will totally check the chaincase tomorrow when I get the chance! Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
17,752 Posts
Hello all this is my first post here. I just obtained an 07 RMK for a pretty decent price. When I picked it up it ran great with awesome compression numbers and such. Recently though I installed some new spark plugs then went to start it up again. It proceeded to die after about 10 seconds of idling. Giving it throttle made it die out sooner. I thought it was gas so I filled it up with 93. This did not solve the issues. After installing the plugs, the dash wont come on anymore and now it doesn't even start. Could this be an issue with the voltage regulator or is it something bigger than that?

have retested the compression and the numbers are a bit lower around 115 or so. Any idea what could be the issues here because I am stumped. Than'
If it was running well, why did you install new plugs?
If you are starting the sled in very warm weather, it can easily foul spark plugs. Drain crankcase, replace with new plugs and try again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is that you got the wrong plugs seeing as how that is when the problem started. They should be Champion RN57YCC. NAPA has a good price on them Part #: CHA 954 on their website.
One other thing regarding fuel shutoff. As far as I know there is no fuel shutoff on a CFI sled.
You might want to browse through this info regarding your sled. Dash doesn't power up until rpm is over 950. There is some real good info in the electrical section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Issue has been fixed. Random old wire from helmet heater was grounding it out. Fixed that issue now having issues with TPS I made another post on that please help me out there if you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts