Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am going to replace the primary clutch on the 1000 and was wondering what others have gone with. Stock 4 weight or aftermarket, 3 weight?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I dont think the 4 weight clutch is available anymore, and are a pain to tune, IMO. You would think it would be easy. I had tried for days to get my '07 dialed in, but no luck. The clutch finally broke so I replaced with the updated 3 weight clutch from a newer 1000. Runs great with minimal fiddling. btw- how many weights are in a set of clutch weights nowadays? Life is easier with 3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks snappydave, I was looking at the comet 4 pro as an alternative but was hoping someone had experience with a 3 weight! do you remember what you ended up with for weights and spring in the 3 weight or use the stock set up on the newer 1000?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I dont remember exactly. I run HeelClicker DragonFly weights. Thinking 92g is close. Most guys on this site run Daltons or some type of magnet weights, so the grams/weight I run do not convert to conventional style weights.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Also, I ended up going to a 42-36 helix, as the 44/40 was too much angle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts