Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I signed up to see if i could get anyone has had a similar problem with their sled. She has about 2300 miles on it. Last season i took a trip to yellowstone and was doing doughnuts on the snow. Everything ran perfectly for the first 200 miles last season and in after about 10 minutes in yellowstone I laid the sled on its side going roughly 5mph. From that point on i cant get it to fire for more than 5 seconds. I have ohmed out almost all of the electronics and i removed the stator to inspect cps sensors this weekend. Everything seems normal. The motor sound strong and the is no knocking. I have 125 psi in each cylinder. Im seriously baffled at this point.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,161 Posts
Sounds to me like you got air in the fuel system. I think that sled had the two puck style pickup in the tank. They were known for rotting off. I would look at the pump and pickup assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally had time to work on this again. Looks like you are correct. I pulled the Fuel pump and drained the tank. Refilled and the sled fired right up!
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts