Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it? :dunno:

If I buy an 07 X-Fire I would like to have it reflashed to the 08 program.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
254 Posts
From what has been rumored arround it can not be updated to the 2008 programing.

There is suposed to be updated programing released to the dealers today for the 2007 800cc sleds. This update is reported to correct some driveability issues.

·
Registered
828 Posts
From what has been rumored arround it can not be updated to the 2008 programing.

There is suposed to be updated programing released to the dealers today for the 2007 800cc sleds. This update is reported to correct some driveability issues.[/b]

So the dealers will be able to update your 07 ECU to the 08 specs.......is this free or something you will have to pay for?
The last time I inquired (a month or so ago) there was no updates yet.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts

There is suposed to be updated programing released to the dealers today for the 2007 800cc sleds. This update is reported to correct some driveability issues.[/b]
Picking up my 07 Crossfire 8 tomorrow, will the dealers be able to perform the update already, or is it just a bulleting telling them about it?

Thanks

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picking up my 07 Crossfire 8 tomorrow, will the dealers be able to perform the update already, or is it just a bulleting telling them about it?

Thanks[/b]
Jay are you buying a Sno Pro or the standard?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Jay are you buying a Sno Pro or the standard?[/b]
Sno Pro............I'm not a lightweight, (about 3 spins) .............had a chance to ride a standard Crossfire 7 last weekend and was surprised how well calibrated the shocks were...............If your 250 lbs or less, I think a standard would be fine.......

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sno Pro............I'm not a lightweight, (about 3 spins) .............had a chance to ride a standard Crossfire 7 last weekend and was surprised how well calibrated the shocks were...............If your 250 lbs or less, I think a standard would be fine.......[/b]
I'm 245 without my gear. I've ridden mostly standards to and they are comfy. My biggest concern is how well it will handle the rough stuff at 70 mph.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I'm 245 without my gear. I've ridden mostly standards to and they are comfy. My biggest concern is how well it will handle the rough stuff at 70 mph.[/b]
I dunno man...............my seat time on a Crossfire is very limited............if you have been riding standards I would think that it will be fine for you..........I suppose the worst thing you would have to do is change the springs and re-valve the shocks if its too soft.

I can let you know how the Sno Pro is after this weekend.

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno man...............my seat time on a Crossfire is very limited............if you have been riding standards I would think that it will be fine for you..........I suppose the worst thing you would have to do is change the springs and re-valve the shocks if its too soft.

I can let you know how the Sno Pro is after this weekend.[/b]
Please do...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you have a link or anything that shows this by chance? Not saying I dont believe you or not trying to sound like an [email protected]@. Just curious and would like to read the bulletin. Thanks for the information that you have already shared to us owners, that hadnt heard yet. I just got my crossfire a few weeks ago, and heading to michigan in a couple weeks so I would like for this reflash to be done before I go. Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I'm 245 without my gear. I've ridden mostly standards to and they are comfy. My biggest concern is how well it will handle the rough stuff at 70 mph.[/b]
The short bumps you will be fine. Watch the 5 footers at 50mph. If you start hitting bottom then you can add the SP spring and valving. I rode through 2 foot stutters at 70 and it was a blast. The long big ones with the sharp front face were a different story. Banging the bottom pretty hard on the standard whenever I landed the face of the next bump.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Paul the easiest way for me to explain the difference between the sp and std. Is like the pro x and xc suspension. The sno pro shocks handle very similar to that of the pro x, but the rear isn't as stiff as the pro x was.

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul the easiest way for me to explain the difference between the sp and std. Is like the pro x and xc suspension. The sno pro shocks handle very similar to that of the pro x, but the rear isn't as stiff as the pro x was.[/b]
The standards have no adjustments on the shocks correct?

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not on the Crossfires.[/b]
So it's just different spring rates and a 2" shock body on the Sno Pro's then....I don't know why I thought they had clickers.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Paul, we haven't ridden any real rough stuff yet, nor have I had the Std going over 60 in the little moguls we've seen, but unless they've changed the suspension on the skid frame from 06, you'll bottom that skid on every bump at that speed. Mine bottoms with my 210 lb ass at 45 in the rollers and some small bumps - mainly when I hit the face of the next bump. Maybe I just need to learn how to ride it! YOu should ride mine in the UP for an extend period of time...you'll choose the SP.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts