Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to buy a leftover 2006 Mach Z and I'm getting some scary insurance quotes, like in the $700 - $800 range per year. I have a 100% clean record and I pay $240 right now for a 2004 Sabercat 500 and and a 2003 F7 combined per year. Really want the sled, but I would rather be in the $300 - $400 range at most. Anyone have recommendations?

·
Registered
671 Posts
i pay less than 300 for full coverage on my apex from a place called secura insurance out of appleton, wi. i dont know if they have any offices out of wisconsin but cheap insurance is out there you just gotta find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends on where you reside. If you live in an area where there is a high theft report insurance tend to be higher. If the sled is high performance which it is insurance is higher, generally anything 800 or over in engine cc are considered high performance. If your sled you entend to buy is new year insurance will be determined based on sale price, older sleds are usually based on black book value. Also other factors replacement part prices, if repair cost is hgh for particular model manufacture insurance costs are also reflected.

There are ways to decrease insurance costs, one way is to request high deductable (1000.00 or higher if possible), remove theft fire insurance, remove collition insurance. However if you finance the vehicle through a financial instatution you generally need to carry full insurance coverage. You could also try to insure your sled through the winter months, then when the snow is melted and your sled is parked for the summer remove all insurance except fire and theft (if that is possible with your insurance company)

My suggestion shop around right now while there is still no snow! And always insure your sled with maximum liability coverage for your protection.
I am covered with alstate insurance company, and everything I own is insured through them.

Good luck insurance hunting...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been shopping around since my underwriter decided to gouge me. They under write through Foremost and gave a $759.00 quote for an '06 Mach Z. I got off the phone withthem and called Foremost's toll free number and with no other property insured through them I was quoted just under $400.00. So, I was motivated to shop around.

This is what I have found so far ..

Keep in mind Nationwide also charges a single fee for $118.00 for unisured motorists on top of these numbers.

NationWide Statefarm Allstate
Harley $747.50 $656.00 $371.21
2000 Touring $296.00 $260.70 $137.93
2006 Mach Z $759.00 $373.70 $162.84

Guess where I am switching too ... My house insurance also is $200.00 year cheaper through Allstate. Why ??? All coverage is exactly the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts