Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Not bad! And that's at .79 BSFC. Looks like something left on the table, not? What can you safely go down to for trail riding?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
What is .79 BSFC? I am thinking that maybe i will go with the D&D Y Pipe and D&D Monster single instead of BMP pipe mod. ANYONE?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
150 hp with the monster single and y pipe is AWSOME !!!!!!!!!Note the wide powerband from 79 to 8300 AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.72 bsfc is plenty safe too! :banana: :banana: :fluffy:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Now i see you can buy the monster single pipe for the 05 f7 and m7, but it doesnt say anything about the crossfire 7. Does it apply to the Xfire 7 too?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 24 2005, 09:05 PM
150 hp with the monster single and y pipe is AWSOME !!!!!!!!!Note the wide powerband from 79 to 8300 AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.72 bsfc is plenty safe too!  :banana:  :banana:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890751
[/quote]

your not turned on at all are ya... :cn:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
thats interesting how in the stock run there are 2 lean spots where the BSFC falls below .70 for several hundred RPM... but in the run with the pipe these 2 spots arent there... :cn:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 24 2005, 09:05 PM
150 hp with the monster single and y pipe is AWSOME !!!!!!!!!Note the wide powerband from 79 to 8300 AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.72 bsfc is plenty safe too!  :banana:  :banana:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890751
[/quote]

ya but it drops to .67 at 8300 rpms. It recommends that you get a boondocker box. If i get this combo do you really think that i should get the boondocker? I dont really want to buy it ifff i dont have to.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by ridelimitedfirecats@Sep 24 2005, 09:17 PM
ya but it drops to .67 at 8300 rpms. It recommends that you get a  boondocker box. If i get this combo do you really think that i should get the boondocker? I dont really want to buy it ifff  i dont have to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890772
[/quote]

not too sure if your gonna know what to do with a stock sled... let alone modded.... :doh:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 24 2005, 09:26 PM
not too sure if your gonna know what to do with a stock sled...  let alone modded....    :doh:
:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890790
[/quote]

what do you mean not going to know what to do with a stock sled let alone a modded sled?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you look close you loose hp up to 7700, 12hp at 6800rpms.. This is why you need a boondocker with the pipe.. IMO
The y-pipe on the other hand looks to give you more every ware. :augen41:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
a solid 3.4 ft/lb of TQ and 2.6 hp without even changing the BSFC from the stock pipe !!!!!!!!!!! I am guessing for the lake runner on the weekends like here on Anchor bay there is more to be had. Plus the power with the pipe is moved up a few hundred rpms which we can add to more mph. with the Monster single it is just moving the powerband higher, will have to clutch to hit it up there more. I see it too with less power at the low rpm, however since the eentire PB is moved much higher I don't think I'll be spending much time iat 7000 rpm. Be the same as if you clutched your stocker to run 6000 rpm..... The y-pipe shows a good gain in the midrange to for holeshots...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
:wut60:
not too sure if your gonna know what to do with a stock sled...  let alone modded....    :doh:
:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
[/quote]
:wut60: :wut60: :wut60: :wut60: :smilielol:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
[/quote]

atleast when i get done with it i will smoke most other F7's i see on the trail.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If you look closer you aint loosing 12 hp, I seen that to but bsfc`s are higher on monster pipe making it lower than sock where it droped way down, plus when you nail it you wont feel any loss if there was one cause now your at wot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts