Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple questions for other 2006 crossfire 700 owners....I rode about 250 miles this week in the UP....Everytime I would hit a low area it would bottom out.....I have the adjuster set on the stiff setting and my center shock looks as if it is tighten what gives?????

On another note my brother has the same sled and you guessed it we raced and he waxed me....His sled stood up about a foot off the ground and went like hell...I weigh more than him and mine doesn't stand up on a hard take off!!!!
So I checked the limit strap and it is extended all the way......I sure could use some advice........Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Standard Crossfire front skid shock is way too soft....especially if you go over 200#.

As far as racing who knows. I'd first recommend checking belt tension. How is the belt riding in the secondary? If it's not riding above it's likely too loose and that's why your holeshot sucks. Engagement is too low on these sleds also IMO.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I got a couple questions for other 2006 crossfire 700 owners....I rode about 250 miles this week in the UP....Everytime I would hit a low area it would bottom out.....I have the adjuster set on the stiff setting and my center shock looks as if it is tighten what gives?????

On another note my brother has the same sled and you guessed it we raced and he waxed me....His sled stood up about a foot off the ground and went like hell...I weigh more than him and mine doesn't stand up on a hard take off!!!!
So I checked the limit strap and it is extended all the way......I sure could use some advice........Thanks!!![/b]
Yeah, the valving was too soft. I had mine revalved by DeyCore, and although I only rode it 100 miles since then, it seemed to cure the bottoming. They have very fast service, too. :div20:

Did your brother adjust his coupling blocks or take them out? How much more than him do you weigh? If it's a lot, then of course he is going to beat you. If you need more weight transfer and traction, then adjust your couplers (like he probably did).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the input I weigh about 30 heavier than my bro but my sled should stand up even more, I will have the shock redone in the spring....I will check the belt....The weight transfer is the blocks or the limit straps?????

Thanks for the input....

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Same here - Will the sno - pro spring help and work - Anyone know the rate on these springs Standard/Sno - pro - That is the rate for the spring front shock rear skid

My sled is fine 75% of the time but when it bottoms out , you feel it - Like yesterday , sent the front skis straight up - I though i was going to land on the taillight - A recessed area in the trail and i hit it just perfect - Drivers/Front shock - But anyways i have used Deycore in the past for just standard rebuilds - Probably pull my rear skid while this shit weather and send the shock out
Do they revalve by weight or conditions , how you ride etc. How do they figure ???

I weigh about 200# fully dressed

Scott

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Just them how much you weigh and how you ride. They have a downloadable form on their web site that you can send with your shocks. http://www.deycore.com/

You do not need to pull the skid to remove either of the shocks. It's tricky to do it in the sled, but it can be done, and it's much faster than pulling the skid.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had the bottoming problem on my Sno Pro as well, so a switch to the stiffer spring is not the answer. I had mt shock rebuild/revalved and set up with dual rate springs by Hy-Gear suspension. They also installed a heavy duty bottom out bumper and a heavy duty upper shock bushing. If we get some snow I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I did some real inspecting and noticed the shock was not adjusted as stiff as it could be I put two turns stiffer but I don't think that will cure it, I may have to have it revalved....I guess all sleds are not equal.....We will see next ride whenever that may be....Damn Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I pulled my rear skid tonight - 15 minute job

I will send shock out tomorrow for revalving and probably order the sno-pro spring for shock - Looks like its only 25$ for the 190# spring found on the Crossfire sno-pro

Get it done now while its still summer out :banghead:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I don't know how the sno pro spring / valving can bottom...that spring is a BEEFY mother. Who knows I guess. I ride like an old lady.

Deycore is good to deal with. Close to home for me....can hand deliver and talk shop with them. They do LOTS of shocks.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I don't know how the sno pro spring / valving can bottom...that spring is a BEEFY mother. Who knows I guess. I ride like an old lady.

Deycore is good to deal with. Close to home for me....can hand deliver and talk shop with them. They do LOTS of shocks.[/b]

Chris i ordered the spring today - Whats the preload on this from the factory - Another words threads showing at bottom of shock with preload adjusted ???Measurement if you know ???

Hopefully the weather will change next week like they say

Thanx Scott

·
Registered
319 Posts
I pulled mine and mixed light and med. oils to cure the bottoming last winter - woked fine - never even loosend the track to do it, shocks come out easy. as far as perf. there are so many things to cause the perf. loss - from a loose set screw on the weight (causing it to slide on the spider and not upshift) to the diff. in early and prod. builds.(or he isn't telling you about the timing and pipe mod). look for the obvious first --- good luck :dunno:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fixed the problem on my sled....sold the standard to my old man and just bought a sno pro 700 X-Fire....Hope this solves it if not the shocks on that one will be revalved....There is always a solution......

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Ha ha....good deal. If you can bottom the sno pro shocks you are riding hard. They are BEEFY!

Scott, I missed your question. Hope you have your answer as I asked the same question the other day. 6 3/4" from the bottom of the top collar to the bottom of the lower bottom collar. With the rubber sleeve you can't really see with it all together so I guessed :)

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
how do you have a sno pro crossfire with a spring, they come with fox floats

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.