Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on snowest that snowtech had a dyno article with the polaris 900 vs. the cat 900. It said the polaris made 152.5 hp @ 7600. Did anyone read this? Was this a 2006? We do not have the latest issue of snowtech in our area yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900@Aug 26 2005, 01:26 PM
I just read on snowest that snowtech had a dyno article with the polaris 900 vs. the cat 900.  It said the polaris made 152.5 hp @ 7600.  Did anyone read this?  Was this a 2006?  We do not have the latest issue of snowtech in our area yet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=848734
[/quote]
What was the rest of the outcome of the vs.?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,688 Posts
Different dyno's, different days, meaningless data. :cn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,937 Posts
The cat however does make 5 more ft/lbs of torque and has over 100 ft/lbs from 6100 rpm- 7500rpm, the Pol. 9 makes 100 ft/lbs from 7000-7800 peaking a 106.5 vs, 111.7 for the Suzuki 900. The suzuki also carries more peak torque than the Polaris for a 500 rpm spread.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,688 Posts
I think it was a modded 05 but I will check tonight and post if someone doesn't do it in the meantime. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sure hope Polaris made this motor right. It still is odd that it is compared to a bored out 800 cat motor. The ZR900 has been out since 2003 and all we can do is match it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
The Pol peaked at 152.5 hp, and the Cat peaked at 152.8 hp.

The Pol made 150+ hp across a 400 RPM range.
The Cat made 150 hp+ across a 300 RPM range.

The Cat made 5 ft./lbs. more torque.

It's certainly close between the two, especially when you figure only half of an engine's power makes it to the track.
 

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900@Aug 26 2005, 01:11 PM
I sure hope Polaris made this motor right.  It still is odd that it is compared to a bored out 800 cat motor.  The ZR900 has been out since 2003 and all we can do is match it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=848790
[/quote]

Which 900 twin should the 866cc Fusion be compared to?

The 06 fusion motor that meets 2010 emission requirements is being compared to a motor that does not itself meet any emission requirements, but it is part of a fleet that does, only due to carry forward emission credits from past years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Originally posted by Caddisfly@Aug 27 2005, 08:20 PM
The Pol peaked at 152.5 hp, and the Cat peaked at 152.8 hp.

The Pol made 150+ hp across a 400 RPM range.
The Cat made 150 hp+ across a 300 RPM range.

The Cat made 5 ft./lbs. more torque.

It's certainly close between the two, especially when you figure only half of an engine's power makes it to the track.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850195
[/quote]

I think a bit more HP makes it to the ground than half...

At any rate, the Polaris and the Cat are so close the differences are almost not worth reporting... A guy on a Polaris who skips lunch will take a guy on the Cat, it's THAT close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Aug 28 2005, 08:36 AM
I think a bit more HP makes it to the ground than half...

At any rate, the Polaris and the Cat are so close the differences are almost not worth reporting... A guy on a Polaris who skips lunch will take a guy on the Cat, it's THAT close.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850492
[/quote]

The 04 and 05 ZR9's don't have the topend that the 03's do but still will see 112 on GPS. The 03 ZR9's will see 117mph on GPS.
Just an FYI if you guys haven't figured out the Team secondary.
In other words it night be a little more than skipping lunch! :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
The biggest problem we had with hp last year eith our fusions was the rpm at which it made hp was a mystery,some dynos reported 7100 rpms and Starting lines at 7600 which is what polaris stated it should run at,but did they?? Most did only out of the gate,than once it shifted out would drop off sometimes all the way down to 7000 when mine ran at 7500 or so,it would rip,but it never held that rpm,now maybe poo has there clutching and motor mounts straighten out,if so they will truck!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris Snow Rider@Aug 29 2005, 08:40 PM
I talked to th owner of G&G Powersports last fall and here is the # he said they got from 05 900 Fusion 149-150hp at the crank and 91hp at the track.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852576
[/quote]

Now you're more in the ballpark from a gut feel and almost 37 years of being round this sport... I can't say as if I've personally witnessed track vs. crank pulls but it's obvious there's gonna be some parasitic drag from the drivetrain. Another side of me also says, can you even get realistic track HP numbers? I mean there's a number of variables a "track dyno" is subjected to that a "wheel dyno" need not consider... A major one that comes to mind is rolling resistance on snow/ice vs a mechanical treadmill.

Not trying to dis you Caddis.... But if there's greater than a 50% loss on the snow, sled mfgs. are barking up the wrong tree with 4-strokes and fuel efficiency/weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
Originally posted by mnmsnowbeast@Aug 28 2005, 05:28 PM
The biggest problem we had with hp last year eith our fusions was the rpm at which it made hp was a mystery,some dynos reported 7100 rpms and Starting lines at 7600 which is what polaris stated it should run at,but did they??  Most did only out of the gate,than once it shifted out would drop off sometimes all the way down to 7000 when mine ran at 7500 or so,it would rip,but it never held that rpm,now maybe poo has there clutching and motor mounts straighten out,if so they will truck!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850959
[/quote]
Did you get a sled yet Pete?
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top