Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out this weekend and 9 miles into the trip sled shut off and motor locked, cooled down and re-fired to a loud bottom end noise, towed her back to cottage. Took it apart today and the inside bearing is toast, seized and hard to turn. Anyone hear any problems with this and know why this may have happened, there are only 1400 miles on my sled!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
314 Posts
Was out this weekend and 9 miles into the trip sled shut off and motor locked, cooled down and re-fired to a loud bottom end noise, towed her back to cottage. Took it apart today and the inside bearing is toast, seized and hard to turn. Anyone hear any problems with this and know why this may have happened, there are only 1400 miles on my sled!

thanks in advance[/b]
wow! That sucks. That is odd for the 600. I have heard all kinds of stuff about the 600 being bulletproof. I have a ticking timebomb 800 with 1000 miles on it. I hope that never happens to me.

I have read on here what your engines cause for failure may be. How do you store the sled in the off season? Outside or inside a climate controlled or sealed garage? Do you fog the engine or run it every month or so?

I have heard about rust getting on the crank bearings and as you fire it up it scores the bearings. It is only a matter of time after that before it grenades itself. This is just what I have heard and it sounds possible but it could all depend on how you store the sled. It is possible that the bearing just went out too.

Anybody else familiar with the 600's able to answer this questions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thats all ive ever run in my Edge 600 also its got 4200 miles never a problem maybe it was a defective bearing from the beginning. Question for xcr 1250 what kind of oil do you run and have you ever been able to tell a diffrence on internal wear betwwen diffrent kinds just curious what you think?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Thats all ive ever run in my Edge 600 also its got 4200 miles never a problem maybe it was a defective bearing from the beginning. Question for xcr 1250 what kind of oil do you run and have you ever been able to tell a diffrence on internal wear betwwen diffrent kinds just curious what you think?[/b]
Don runs R-50 Klotz on his BIG STUFF! He probably has forgot more than most of us will ever know. I am sure if you PM him you will get educated.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts