Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
went riding with my buddy. He has 05 900 switchback.He just had the slp performance package added.pipe,head,reeds,port and polish.his temp would go up to 215 deegreez. so we started bleeding the cooling system.we did this 5 times.we did get it where it did not seem to be any more air.do you think there could be more air trapped. and what is the best way to bleed this sled.Or do you think somthing else is going on.I have the 06 700 fusion and was running between 130 to 150 all day. Also, He has the slp hot air elimination kit.But has not yet installed this.What is the best way to install the kit.It looks like a pane in the ---. Thanks for your help.
ART

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
there is defenitely a problem, 160 is pushing it!!

Bleeding this system is a sonofabitch. You need to lift the front of the sled off the ground 3 feet and bleed it, the tip it on its left side and bleed it, then tip it on it's right side & bleed it.

Then repeat!! maybe.

I bet that thing ran like crap anywhere over 180 degrees.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I beat him with my 700 fusion. He was not happy. I just talked to him. he called his dealer and they told him when they were following slp instructions they were a little confused when the instruction said to put restricter in the coolent hose under the coolent bottle.He said it looked like cap with a hole in it.Why would you want a restrition on coolent flow.this sounds like the problem to me. what do you think?

ART

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Ialso had a 05 900 SB. And if there was not enough loose snow or powder along the side of trail mine would run way hot.Also bled the system and never really got any air out of it either. I think they did not have a good enough cooling system on that motor. It always ran in the high 150s or 160s and hotter. Sold the sled this fall and now I dont have too worry about it.Was not a very reliable sled, 3 oil pumps and cables in 2000 miles. Not good. :banghead:

·
Registered
672 Posts
there is defenitely a problem, 160 is pushing it!!

Bleeding this system is a sonofabitch. You need to lift the front of the sled off the ground 3 feet and bleed it, the tip it on its left side and bleed it, then tip it on it's right side & bleed it.

Then repeat!! maybe.

I bet that thing ran like crap anywhere over 180 degrees.[/b]
When you bleed the system, how are you doing this? I would raise the front end and start the sled loosen the screw on top of the thermostate until coolant came out them replace and leave the cap often the overflow tank until the coolant cycled. Didn't know you had to tip it on its sides, it must not be running? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.