Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tease: I got the brand new catalog,the guys at hot seat performance were nice enough to send me one for free.sent me a couple cool stickers too.
Here's the deal.Page 9 is for t660 performance,they have exhausts,cams,head work,complete motor packages,turbo upgrades,efi controllers,clutching and timing adjusters.ALL in development.And development only as of 10/16/05.
For our sleds they DO have exhaust springs,donut gaskets and heat tape.
Page 39 they have a pretty nice boost gauge for us.made by black diamond.It has a white face to it,looks pretty sharp.Also a pyrometer gauge,How many of us know how to uses that. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
whats does a boost guage actually do ...will it let you adjust how much boost you want or is it simply to read how much boost youre getting? also how do you change the boost

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by strangeland2@Oct 19 2005, 11:06 PM
whats does a boost guage actually do ...will it let you adjust how much boost you want or is it simply to read how much boost youre getting? also how do you change the boost
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942154
[/quote]
A boost gauge simply tells you what boost pressure you have.It will not allow you to change boost pressure.If you want to do that there are several different ways to do it,you can install a boost controller.Turbo excess makes one that will prolong the pressure to the waste gate allowing more boost pressure to build. You may want to look into a blow off valve also if installing a boost controller,it won't help performance but it will relieve pressure and makes a sweet sound when letting off the throttle. :div20:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just saw a t660 for the first time yesterday when i went to the dealer to buy new plugs and looked at it and noticed how similiar n many ways the turbo set up on a t660 is to a honda. Have any of you looked into porting your exhaust manifold or the exhaust side of your turbo or even making a new tubular manifold? this will help spool time greatly. Also i was wondering how the sled's computer recognizes boost does it have a maf or mass airflow sensor similar to cars? if so you could use a manual boost controller that is a cheap 20$ buy to up boost and it should adjust itself to a certian piont because arctic cat would be dumb to not put safeties in the stock prgram for boost spikes and boost creap. and what are the pistons and rods made of? can you adjust timing slightly because turbo set ups are normally very conserative when stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts