Hardcore Sledder banner

2005 RS Venture won't start

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  xxherroojayxx 
#1 ·
This is a four stroke. Charged battery. Cranks good. First time starting it for the season. I assume its either spark or fuel. Crank it for a while you don't even get a little pop. But then after cranking it for so long, I would think you'd smell gas. and I don't. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks.

#2 ·
Find the vent line from your gas tank, it will above your left foot, under the hood, by the secondary. You will want to remove the belt guard for better access. It is a small hose with a coiled spring-like protector over it. Remove it from the spigot fitting and either blow hard into it or use a compressor to put some air into it. Not too much if using a compressor.

You will hear your fuel tank being pressurized as you blow into it. Blow as hard as you can and then cover the end of the hose so the air doesn't escape. Now put the choke on and crank it over. Pressurising the fuel system helps get the fuel to the carbs faster. It seems to drain back when the machines sit for awhile. You may have to do this a couple of times, but it will kick and start.

I do this every year with my wifes Vector and it fires up fine after storage.

#4 ·
The easiest way I have found to prime carbs is to pull one line off the carb side of the fuel pump and insert an oil mix measuring syringe. I have one that holds 2 fluid oz. that's just what all three carbs take to fill. Use it like a funnel and fill quickly with gas to the 2 fl oz line and wait for it to drain into carbs.

Put the line back on the fuel pump and it should start right up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.