Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding some bling. Billet wheels and maybe a M10-M12 and some upgraded shocks up front. Any suggestions and/or experiences I should know about?

·
Registered
694 Posts
welcome aboard!!!! i'm gonna add billets to my gade this year too. i've got some pics of soldierspapa's mach on my other computer at work i'll dig up for ya. he's got the coolest r/t mach i've seen yet :schild27:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe he has Fox floats on the front of his, is that correct? I would love to know how people feel about the Fox or the Ski Doo HPG shocks up front. Also if the M-10 has really hurt the performance.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If you're just looking to smooth out the bumps the M10 is a good choice. If you want to do any lake racing forget the M10, the weight transfer is non existent. I also never really cared for the M10 when it came to aggressive trail riding, it was always a little too soft even when it was cranked up and I thought it effected the handling as well, not in a good way either. From what I understand the new M10's are improved but I was always chasing mine around with a wrench, way too much maintanance.

Take a look at the Expert X suspension, I've heard nothing but good things about it, no first hand knowledge however.

·
Registered
16 Posts
xpert x is hard to install, has poor tech support, has no shock choices, has way too too much rearward weight transfer and holds snow and ice.check out totallyyamaha.com for the head to head test or talk to Gerard Karpik at Team FAST............nearly any article you read about the M-10 says it is still the best....BUT...like any other piece of tech equipment, you have to have it adjusted per factory specs for it to work right.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
:banana: Just recieved my OHLINS and they look great.The floats are like POGO sticks :frech32: and the HPGs are hard to get parts for!!! :flush: As far as the M10 goes a couple members on DOOTALK are having fittnent issues with the track being tight!!And they definatley kill your top end!!!! :banghead: Talked to alot of shops and they all agree about the quality of the OHLINS!!!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
:boxing: Was pretty brand loyal till i bought a RX1 for 03 got the MACH last year.Who knows i might ride a cat next year. :lol2: Hopefully not!!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
:lol2: Yeah thats me at the resevoir between HOG BACK and Somerset.Killed all my buddies that day!!!! :smiley-faces7: :frech11:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
:beerchug: So whats everyone else doing for shock upgrades?Gonna punish those moguls this year!!! :augen41:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
:banana: Rode the sled the other night them OHLIN's are great!!!Gotta mess with the rear settings to get my HOLESHOT back. Cant wait for some real snow. :div20: All gone after today! :wtf:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts