Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 05 fusion 900, sled has timber sled intake, slp torque and stop, heel clicker weights, perfect clutch alignment, all updates done, etc.
sled runs great
except will lose peak rpm every know and then. frequently pulls 7500-7600 rpm, but some times drop to 71000-7200 rpms and will feel flat in power, just cleaned exhaust valves.
sled ran great first day, never dropping rpms, but second day, sled seemed to drop rpms off and on, not sure if exhaust valves may have got dirty again or a problem with electronic sensors detecting problems and retarding ignition, may be needs octane booster in fuel. anyone else have this problem? looking for fix!!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Try changing the ves springs to #7041786-09, but cut ot the same length as stock ones. A reputable dealer has said that they find as the ves wears on those engines, they will not stay fully open all the time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
have a 05 fusion 900, sled has timber sled intake, slp torque and stop, heel clicker weights, perfect clutch alignment, all updates done, etc.
sled runs great
except will lose peak rpm every know and then. frequently pulls 7500-7600 rpm, but some times drop to 71000-7200 rpms and will feel flat in power, just cleaned exhaust valves.
sled ran great first day, never dropping rpms, but second day, sled seemed to drop rpms off and on, not sure if exhaust valves may have got dirty again or a problem with electronic sensors detecting problems and retarding ignition, may be needs octane booster in fuel. anyone else have this problem? looking for fix!![/b]
How long have you had the heel clickers in. I could not get my 05 900 to pull the heel clickers consistantly depending on loose or hard conditions and it would act the same way as yours depending on how well the traction was. The more traction I got the lower the rpm's because of loading the motor so hard with the clickers. I would have to say that your power valves are working because they open at 6800 rpm's. Try stock weights and see where your rpm's run. My 2 cents

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do a search on stators. There were a few Fusions loosing RPMs because the stator was going bad.
Mine did it when I had my Fusion ~1100 miles when it started.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have you had the heel clickers in. I could not get my 05 900 to pull the heel clickers consistantly depending on loose or hard conditions and it would act the same way as yours depending on how well the traction was. The more traction I got the lower the rpm's because of loading the motor so hard with the clickers. I would have to say that your power valves are working because they open at 6800 rpm's. Try stock weights and see where your rpm's run. My 2 cents[/b]

I put the heel clickers in last season, the first ride out they pulled awsome down a railroad bed, sled pulled through 100 like it usually goes through 90 mph. had a problem with the yellow spring in kit, kept breaking, got a couple new ones for free, finally went with a polaris primary with same rates, haven't broke one yet. I was running 11-72's weights before the clickers last season with good results, may try them to see if that makes difference.
The only other thing I was leaning towards was trying octane booster because of lack of 93 octane at some fuel pumps, I thought maybe the sled would detect some detenation and retard the ignition. sled seems to drop the rpm's on long staight aways, not so much in the twisty trails getting on and off the throttle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search on stators. There were a few Fusions loosing RPMs because the stator was going bad.
Mine did it when I had my Fusion ~1100 miles when it started.[/b]
My stator was replaced the first season, after problems with motor shutting down at high rpms. Sled know has 4400 miles haven't had problem since.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I thought maybe the sled would detect some detenation and retard the ignition. sled seems to drop the rpm's on long staight aways, not so much in the twisty trails getting on and off the throttle.[/b]

This sounds alot more likely than a mechanical issue. Temp sensor,det sensor.
The key was long straightways.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sled runs great
sled ran great first day, never dropping rpms, but second day, sled seemed to drop rpms off and on, not sure if exhaust valves may have got dirty again or a problem with electronic sensors detecting problems and retarding ignition, may be needs octane booster in fuel. anyone else have this problem? looking for fix!![/b]
If you are running the stock pipe you should run it at 7100- 7200 RPM. That's where it made peak power on the dyno runs at that independant dyno shop. Mine was way quicker running 7100-7200 with the stock pipe. It's probably the secondary binding. iNSTALL THE 719 HELIX with the Delrin washers (3) which should help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
sled runs great
I sent you a PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts