Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 05 fusiom 900,with cluthing and the 719 helix,cant only get by speedo the best is 104mph.is this all ill get out of it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ive got a 06 700 Fusion. Check your track tension. The book calls for 3/8 to 1/2" at a point 16" from the rear wheels with a ten pound weight on the track. There was an addendum that should have been included with the manual that changed the factory spec to 1" to 1 1/8 "with 10 pounds. I am currently running about 1 1/8" with NO WEIGHT and it made a huge difference in top end. Before I was only getting about 93 mph. After loosening the track I was seeing yesterday 104 mph on the speedo which was actually 101 mph on the gps. This was on soft pack on a mile long lake run with temps about +2 F.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ive got a 06 700 Fusion. Check your track tension. The book calls for 3/8 to 1/2" at a point 16" from the rear wheels with a ten pound weight on the track. There was an addendum that should have been included with the manual that changed the factory spec to 1" to 1 1/8 "with 10 pounds. I am currently running about 1 1/8" with NO WEIGHT and it made a huge difference in top end. Before I was only getting about 93 mph. After loosening the track I was seeing yesterday 104 mph on the speedo which was actually 101 mph on the gps. This was on soft pack on a mile long lake run with temps about +2 F.[/b]
Loosening your track helped quite a bit huh, can't believe how loose my buddy runs his F7, bet he has 3" sag and no weight, I'm a little scared to try that with studs

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
The 900 can get to 120 GPS if it's sorted out right....and I have not yet tightened my F-7's track since I bought it new...it ratchets a lil if I give it too much off the line, but up top it flys. 4100 miles...lol..no studs..

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Snow conditions is the biggest factor.
I (05 900 Fuse) run 112-114 on very hard pack and/ or mostly ice. Seen these speeds a kazzilion times.

100 +/- or so on fresh powder. You'll never get great speed on fresh poowder.

Stock motor. Stock clutching. '111 Belt. Stock deflection. Have changed to 719 Helix/delrin washers end of last year with No improvement on top speed yet but clutches way better on trails. 144 studs/6" shapers/stock skis.

Watching digitial tach (not going by recall) at WOT it consistently stays at 7400-7450rpm.

And yes, track tension was screwed on most 05' deleveries for spec was listed incorrectly. I have 1" sag with no weight. Am planning to play with this and deflection when we get ideal hardpack back on the lake.

TPS checked and within spec's. Some Fuse's are out of spec and need adjusting. This can also be big factor between a ho-hum Fuse and a fun one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Snow conditions is the biggest factor.
I (05 900 Fuse) run 112-114 on very hard pack and/ or mostly ice. Seen these speeds a kazzilion times.

100 +/- or so on fresh powder. You'll never get great speed on fresh poowder.

Stock motor. Stock clutching. '111 Belt. Stock deflection. Have changed to 719 Helix/delrin washers end of last year with No improvement on top speed yet but clutches way better on trails. 144 studs/6" shapers/stock skis.

Watching digitial tach (not going by recall) at WOT it consistently stays at 7400-7450rpm.

And yes, track tension was screwed on most 05' deleveries for spec was listed incorrectly. I have 1" sag with no weight. Am planning to play with this and deflection when we get ideal hardpack back on the lake.

TPS checked and within spec's. Some Fuse's are out of spec and need adjusting. This can also be big factor between a ho-hum Fuse and a fun one.[/b]
On ice i hit 113 every thing was stock

·
Registered
490 Posts
103 on GPS, TPS in spec, track with at least 1 1/8" sag with no weight, 719 helix. That is on hard packed snow. Wish I could get to at least 110 or 115.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
103 on GPS, TPS in spec, track with at least 1 1/8" sag with no weight, 719 helix. That is on hard packed snow. Wish I could get to at least 110 or 115.[/b]
Altitude zaps power, luckily I'm (house+lake) only at 400 ft above seal level.

What's your altitude ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
116-118mph on hardpacked snow.[/b]
114 - 05 stock + after market can.

I have noticed that sometimes she likes to lock up at about 93 mph, but then ill back of the throttle and hammer it again and she will continue to climb. Don't know why that is, but 114 is fast when you have trees on both sides of you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bone stock 112 on gps 115 on speedo. red injectors, play with your belt deflection if your not getting full shift out your not getting full top end.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I am about 1000ft.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 900 can get to 120 GPS if it's sorted out right....and I have not yet tightened my F-7's track since I bought it new...it ratchets a lil if I give it too much off the line, but up top it flys. 4100 miles...lol..no studs..[/b]
What kind of set up do you have to get 120 mph on gps I too have an 05 fusion and cannot break 100 mph on the speedo??

·
Registered
383 Posts
120 on GPS? Not saying this is a false statement but sounds a little unrealistic. :dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 700 and I can get 111-113 on the speedo on mostly ice and 107 on the gps. Id think the 900s would have more top end than that.?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
One thing I've noticed is when I was running the 111 belt it was fast, since going to the 115 she's hit a wall. Granted I've not blown a belt in 2 seasons and the 111 I went through 3 in a season from delaminating. Just a observation, anyone see this? :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have not checked my track tension, but will be.

Another suggestion is to check your belt deflection. Mine is a perfect example of it being off. The only non-stock item on my sled it the 719 helix with the 080 belt.

Mine would pull hard right up to 98/99 and then hit a wall while creeping up to 102/103 max. (99.8 highest seen on GPS). I found that I was having a problem with full shift out on primary - it was coming up about 7/8" short of the top of the clutches. I asked about it on here last week and a lot of people offered me advise on what to do and I appreciated every suggestion.

I first checked the belt deflection and it was just under 1 7/16" whereas it is supposed to be 1 1/4" maximum. I put it up on a stand and tightened it up until the track would try to creep while on the stand but not really move. I then tested it on the stand and presto full shift out and it now runs up to the very top of the clutch faces. I ran it this past weekend. I only had one spot that I really opened it up on a nice hardpack run. It ran right past the 98/99 wall and up to 102, 103 and then 104 before I ran out of room. It felt like there was more to go and I hadn't yet hit the wall that I always felt at the 98/99 mark. This weekend I'll have a couple of opportunities to run it out better, but adjusting the belt deflection made a huge difference.

Good luck,
Bill

·
Registered
528 Posts
Last week I hit 109 on GPS with the 719 helix, SLP airbox and an 080 belt. This was on a hard packed lake. Before I added the helix and airbox, top speed was 104 mph.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts