Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE READ AND BEEN TOLD THAT WHEN YOU PLACE A 2005 FIRECAT SEAT ON A 2003 FIRECAT, IT REALLY IMPROVES THE RIDE.

I WAS HOPING FOR SOME FEED BACK FROM THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED IT.

I HAVE BEEN EYEING THE SEATS ADVERTISED ON "THE OUTDOOR SHOP"

IF THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE, I APOLIGIZE. IF IT HAS CAN YOU HELP ME FIND THE POST?

THANKS

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Originally posted by BIG CAT@Oct 5 2005, 08:58 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE THE 05 SEAT?  I AM TRYING TO GET AS MUCH FEED BACK AS I CAN BEFORE SPENDING THE MONEY.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911147
[/quote]

I dont like being that high in the chassis...

I guess its just my taste...Alot easier to take fast turn when your a few inches lower on the sled...

Ive had the boss, and tried an 05...I'll stick with my 03 seat...

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
By far one of the nicest mods you can do to an 03...The 03 seat foam is very soft when compared to the 05 an adds about 2 inches of height ...

I have an 03 modded seat cover here to accept the 05 foam if anyone is interested

·
Registered
542 Posts
fastfirecat What the hell have you been smoking?????? I have tryed the 03,04 and 05 seats the 05 is by far the best that is prob why arctic stoped changing it!
Also I have a mod 03 seat I took a 1.5 thick pece of insulation foam for the side of a house and cut it to go between the stirofoam and seat foam and then re stapeled it back together and it also seems to work ok. but not as good as 05 seat .the mod 03 seat dosen't hold the tool kit any more. maby if you only went with 1/2 or 3/4 it would work better. but any way the ride and handeling is waaaaay improved with the 05 seat or a boss.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Originally posted by 97440express@Oct 5 2005, 09:35 PM
fastfirecat What the hell have you been smoking?????? I have tryed the 03,04 and 05 seats the 05 is by far the best that is prob why arctic stoped changing it!
Also I have a mod 03 seat I took a 1.5 thick pece of insulation foam for the side of a house and cut it to go between the stirofoam and seat foam and then re stapeled it back together and it also seems to work ok. but not as good as 05 seat .the mod 03 seat dosen't hold the tool kit any more. maby if you only went with 1/2 or 3/4  it would work better. but any way the ride and handeling is waaaaay improved with the 05 seat or a boss.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911246
[/quote]

its all personal preference...i hate being high up...if I want to be up high, I'll stand up, and when i'm flying around a corner, i'll sit down and lean...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I do too now I just lean on the side of the seat and I'm no higher up. No offence :beerchug: Just diden't think you gave it a litte time to get used to it. Mabe I'm not right but it takes more then one ride. Two things I noticed were you use the side of the seat when cornering and you tend to lean back more and it works fantastic.
You can transition to standing waaaaay better. and in the studder bumps the seat seems plusher then 04 more like the 03.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I HAVE ALWAYS FELT AS THOUGH MY 03 SEAT WAS TO LOW WHEN CORNERING. I THINK THAT THE NEW SEAT MIGHT BE WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. WHEN I GO AROUND THE SHARP CORNERS, IT FEELS LIKE I AM TO SCRUNCHED UP. I GUESS IF I PURCHASE IT AND ABSOLUTLY HATE IT, I CAN SELL IT ON EBAY.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
i like my 03 seat too. nice and soft. helps soak in the bumps. i am shorter so i never felt scrunched up on the sled. i like being low on it too. seems it helps to make it not so tippy. i would like to try an 05 seat just am spending $$ elsewhere on the sled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.