Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever just changed the 10 tooth drivers to 9 tooth instead of changing gears? I thought this might be an easier and cheaper way to make a gear change?

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

~Fast

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
i may be mistaken, but i thought the speedos had two spots to plug into, one for 9 Tooth drivers and the other for the 10 Tooth. Thats how many people are running the 04 white face speedos on the 03's. correct? or no?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You can do it, but be prepared to start all over with the clutching. 9T drivers will only help in the first 600 ft, after that 10T are much more efficienct. Your best bet is to just gear down, 62/58's will help bottom-mid and still have plenty of gear left for top end.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i may be mistaken, but i thought the speedos had two spots to plug into, one for 9 Tooth drivers and the other for the 10 Tooth. Thats how many people are running the 04 white face speedos on the 03's. correct? or no?[/b]
not quite. sleds with 9 tooth drivers have an extra ground wire going to the speedo so if you switch from 9 tooth to 10 tooth you can just cut that wire. If you swithch a sled with 10 tooth drivers to 9, you add a ground wire to pin# 12 I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts