Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Arctic Cat AC 440/F7 Sno Pro(race chassis) and I'm looking at track extensions on TrackUSA because as it is now, when I try going through deep snow it slows me way down and just wants to ride flat on top of the snow. The only 127" extension package they have is to 137" and I'm wondering if I would have to change the gear ratio for the longer track? I also want to know if I could fit 2" lugs on my chassis or just 1.75"?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Your track is a 128 to start as it is a 2.52 pitch if it was a 3.0 pitch like the 05 race sleds came with the track would be a 129. So make sure you know what track you have to start. as the drivers are different. a 2.0 would most likely fit with a smaller front drive
you can go out to 144 but will need a tunnel ext. Plus not many around but you can get rails from a EXT mountain sled in the F chassis they will work to get you to a 144 Tracks USA can cot a track down for you from 15 to 13.5 after cutting a bunch myself its a tough job and I would most likely have them cut my next one down. I found a 10" table saw with a 60-80 tooth blade Carbide only. The easy way to cut it on the table saw is to use the fence as the guide and cut 3/4" off the one side then flip and do the next side. I also added a heavy 6x6 timber on the insde to act as weight while cutting. The one other thing that will help you is to flip the track inside out as it will be easier to cut it will cut through the base of track but not go al the way threw lugs . It does give you a great guide line to go off then you can use either a saw zall or a multi tool which work great even works great to cut lugs down also

1 - 2 of 2 Posts